+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pearson - it's official!

re: Pearson - it's official!

Quote Originally Posted by OldRamsFan
    Just got up on a rainy morning in Sydney,NSW to be met with the only news that could make things worse! Can I get my season ticket money back?:-(

ORF your a miserable ****! We know you only like nice blokes who talk posh as managers, but with his record Pearson is a good choice IMO.

I can't be bothered to trawl the posts Swale but I certainly recall you saying it wasn't any of the managers that had beend so far. Pearson had beend a he'll of a lot at that point.

It's not a hard one to look back to - only a few posts back - and tbf, Swale started off by saying it wouldn't be Wassall. He then ruled out Rowatt and Martinez and just said it would come as a surprise. Suspect he might have been surprised too, but he was more right than wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickleover_Ram
    Must admit to feeling a little underwhelmed, not my choice and needed two goes at Leicester, but will get behind him and hope he storms the championship next season. Best thing though is it has destroyed all the 'I am in the know' merchants on here. PLEASE PLEASE prove me wrong Pearson
    You do know that he got them promoted during both those 'goes' don't you Mickleover?

Quote Originally Posted by AnagRam
    It's not a hard one to look back to - only a few posts back - and tbf, Swale started off by saying it wouldn't be Wassall. He then ruled out Rowatt and Martinez and just said it would come as a surprise. Suspect he might have been surprised too, but he was more right than wrong.

"He will not be any of those mentioned"

He was wrong

Lol...well he was right about it not being Wassall, Rowatt or Martinez...and right about it being a surprise, especially the Powell bit...but you're right Triz...Pearson had been mentioned. Don't give a stuff to be honest...just glad it's sorted so early and we've got time to get things sorted with the manager's approval this summer.

Oh dear. Wrong appointment in my book for oh so many reasons...

Quote Originally Posted by AnagRam
    Lol...well he was right about it not being Wassall, Rowatt or Martinez...and right about it being a surprise, especially the Powell bit...but you're right Triz...Pearson had been mentioned. Don't give a stuff to be honest...just glad it's sorted so early and we've got time to get things sorted with the manager's approval this summer.

well that's something I guess. Helloloves was also right about it not being wassall or rowett too I guess. But your right, Swale and Helloloves getting it wrong (although the latter was clearly on the wind up from the get go) is not that important. It's just good that we got in what could be a decent boss, early. And I stick with my prediction....the Rams are going up.

Quote Originally Posted by triz

"He will not be any of those mentioned"

He was wrong[/quote]

I was wrong on that but the main point of the thread was that it would not be Wassall or Rowett and I invited those that disagreed to put money on either of those and when they had cleaned up to come back and post!

FFS info is always a mixture of ifs buts and maybes but the FACTS were that Wassall would not be appointed anyway what the ****, I post stuff I hear for the benefit of those who may be interested some of its spot on some is wide of the mark and some hits the middle. If some on here don't care or are more interested in picking holes whils

Yh that's fair, I do appreciate people posting what they've heard, and it does invite criticism if it turns out false, so fair play. The reason I said anything at all was that I reiterated the point that it might possibly be someone that hasn't been mentioned, to some people I know, and now I was wrong by proxy.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)