+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pearson - it's official!

re: Pearson - it's official!

Hearsay is always interesting.

The problem is that we never have any way of knowing how reliable it is. There is only one poster on here at the minute who clearly has good, reliable info. Others may know someone, but that 'someone' may just know someone, who may in fact just know someone else, and so on. So info that might be received and believed may be false from the start.

Unfortunately it is the nature of the internet that there are bull**** artists who like to either pretend they know more than they do or deliberately try and wind folks up. All that does is contribute to discrediting anyone who puts info up in good faith that turns out not to be accurate.

This is unfortunate. Especially as just because a prediction based on 'info' that doesn't come off doesn't mean that the info wasn't correct originally, it could simply have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by ellafella
    Oh dear. Wrong appointment in my book for oh so many reasons...
    That's disappointing coming from you Ella. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by triz
    Yh that's fair, I do appreciate people posting what they've heard, and it does invite criticism if it turns out false, so fair play. The reason I said anything at all was that I reiterated the point that it might possibly be someone that hasn't been mentioned, to some people I know, and now I was wrong by proxy.

I don't claim to be ITK, I just happen to know someone who ought to know, but for obvious reasons they are usually careful as to what they say. If I post stuff I think is a rumour I say so. On this occasion they were very clear about it not being wassall or Rowett and that people would be surprised, I am surprised at Pearson's appointment as he was hot favourite for the Villa post - others being mentioned were Rodgers, Moyes which I never thought were realistic.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)