+ Visit Hibernian FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rotherham United fan in peace.

re: Rotherham United fan in peace.

Let's face fact the division you are in is poor and the fact he has not got you promoted is a worry to some of our supporters.

Also winning the cup well done but take Celtic out of the competition what you got??

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth
    Let's face fact the division you are in is poor and the fact he has not got you promoted is a worry to some of our supporters.

Also winning the cup well done but take Celtic out of the competition what you got??

Take them! And take Rangers with them!
    What will we have then?
    A decent league!

What has the English league got?
    Nothing without Murdochs money.

Quote Originally Posted by gorky
    Sorry Demas if a Hearts badge is your avatar, I can't see the avatars when logging in on my phone. Do you know if Stubbs is a good manager?!

It's true to say he took over the worst Hibs team in living memory and made them respectable. He failed to get promotion but this season that was down to players minds I reckon. At times they played decent football and ought to have caught the blue evil but the players just did not have it together.
    At the least I suspect Stubbs could give you mid table safety. Money and choice of players could be a problem. I doubt it would be a disaster but as you finished 4th bottom he will have to rebuild completely.
    That is always risky.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth

The league is not as bad as people like to make out. There's some decent sides in the division, and some fantastic old clubs.

Let's face it, you've never watched it, so you wouldn't really know.

In our first season down, we had Rangers, paying players 10-15k a week, and a fantastic Hearts side in the division, fighting it out for ONE automatic promotion spot.

Hearts run away with it, and we battered Rangers four times and finished above them in 2nd, at any other time in history, finishing above Rangers would normally make you champions

We then went into the play offs, and lost to Rangers over two legs. Rangers then lost to Motherwell, who finished 2nd bottom of SPL, and stayed down.

Again this season, R

Apparently he signed just got to sort out compensation to you .

We have offered 3k you want 15k.

You can have him back for my money your league is poor

If looked at the league and the teams in it.

Don't ever go in a league that has proper football teams in it.

Rangers just released Nicky law who was a decent player for Rotherham when we was playing 2 divisions below we are now so based on that fact rangers wasn't all that.. maybe for little teams like you

We have done 2 pre season tours off Scotland playing premier teams beat them all both seasons

Thanks Demas, Steve and theoldman - a lot of positives there that has cheered me up a bit. I think when you look at it from the outside like us Rotherham fans are doing, for a club traditionally associated with being one of the bigger clubs in Scotland not to be in the top tier makes me doubt Stubbs' abilities. But the cup run does look impressive and like you say, Hearts, Hibs and Rangers vying for promotion all at once is probably tough luck on Stubbs.

When talking about football the top division in Scotland would have a job to beat English teams in the championship, so the league Hibernian are in are more or less the same as division 1 of the English league, which is the third tier of English football.
    So Stubbs will be stepping up in football terms.

Its a done deal and as a Rotherham fan through and through I believe we have a cracking manager in Stubbs. Sorry for your loss but very pleased for us. Ignore Welovebooth, we do.

All the best you lads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)