+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Animal Rights

re: Animal Rights

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder
    Wouldn't have happened if the kid had been armed!
    Maybe the kid shot it

:/

planet of the apes is coming.

Oh it's happening...and who can blame them.

RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!

Hollywood reportedly making a film about this.

Gorillas in the Moat

I can see why it was shot, but that doesn't make it okay. The parents should be charged with neglect. Its a zoo, its busy and the parents clearly weren't watching their child. Judging by their lack of concentration, the kid could have wondered off anywhere and could have been snatched. As said above, it doesn't matter how you look at it, it is awful parenting. Parents do make mistakes, but this is beyond stupid. The poor gorillas death is a consequence of their neglect and they should be fined or jailed IMO.

What's even more sad for me was that poor elephant that died in the Japan zoo. 62 years it spent in a concrete enclosure with no access to any other elephants. For a such a social animal, it is tragic for it to have spent so many years alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903
    There has to be bigger questions over the security of the enclosure, no?

This is Yankeelandia and the parents will almost certainly sue.
    I dont believe the enclosure security will be an issue, something that shouldnt have been happening has happened or that kid would not have been face to face with the gorilla. This is a US Zoo so im sure the enclosures are safe and it would take some doing to get to the situation that occurred. [/quote]

Apparently the kid climbed 'through' a barrier and then fell over the edge. Doesn't sound all that secure.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnared
    There has to be bigger questions over the security of the enclosure, no?

This is Yankeelandia and the parents will almost certainly sue.
    I dont believe the enclosure security will be an issue, something that shouldnt have been happening has happened or that kid would not have been face to face with the gorilla. This is a US Zoo so im sure the enclosures are safe and it would take some doing to get to the situation that occurred. [/quote]

Apparently the kid climbed 'through' a barrier and then fell over the edge. Doesn't sound all that secure.[/quote]

Apparently being the key word

Anyway i heard the gorilla was actually a pesky hibs fan dressed up as a gorilla

Of course the fans at the other end wouldn't have needed to dress up.

They would have needed to evolve!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnared
    There seems to be outrage over the killing of the gorilla in the US. In my opinion they had no option.

The only question I have is how did it take them 10 phukin minutes?
    I blame the parents - why should an innocent animal be killed because of stupidity by humans - natural law.
    I would have left the little sh*t to chance - see what happens.

Lions get killed because some idiot commits suicide - it's their nature - no matter how long you cage/imprison them.

Aye, there are so many billion humans, and very few gorillas left in the world.

Should have just shot the gorilla with a hefty amount of tranquiliser and hoped for the best.

Remember that gorilla in the 80s? (in Jersey maybe?) that looked after a kid who fell into the enclosure and stroked his back.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast