+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Cracking Local Muncheries

And you bring your own beer n wines even better now eh.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeJam View Post
    I really like Rishis on George St. They serve stuff in there that I've never seen in any other Indian before. Was first taken there by an Indian work colleague so I take that as a mark of it's genuine-ness (that or her da owns it! ). Always used to use Monsoona for delivery when I stayed in toon and it was affa fine too.

Recently went to Café Andaluz and thought it was really fine - particularly for being part of a chain, albeit a small chain. Had some kind of spicy, crispy breaded cod and it must be one of the nicest things I've eaten in years - properly excellent. Was slightly disappointed by the Spanish staples though (albondigas, gambas pil pil, etc) but the more random stuff we ordered was very good

Cafe Andaluz is very good. Disappointing paella but everything else is good quality.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Is there a Cafe Andaluz in toon now ? Been to Glesca West End job and Embra, hoorin' fine.
    Aye where Waterstones used to be - corner of Bon Accord St and Union St

The Marine Hotel at Stonehaven Harbour (part of 6 Degrees North) does some of the finest fish and chips I've had in a while - with a few fine beers to wash it doon too!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnared View Post
    Cafe Andaluz is very good. Disappointing paella but everything else is good quality.

Aye that's what we found. The basics you think of when you imagine Spanish food were really quite disappointing - not bad by any stretch of the imagination, but when we ordered some of the random stuff we'd never had before we were really, really impressed.

Was up on the Moray coast today with Pac Jnr.

Found a fantastic wee cafe in Cullen. The Rockpool. Coffee was great, and me and the wee man had a slice of banana and walnut loaf(dinna tell mrs pac). All their pieces are baked there and if this was anything to go by i need to go back.

If you are ever in Cullen.....

Nae especially local but i took Pac Jnr and the Pac Folks up to Spey Bay today. Stopped for our lunch in Fochabers at the Quaich Cafe. What a decent wee place that is. I had a great cajun chicken panini and half of the wee mans Tuna sannie. The coffee was really good too. If your ever hungry in Fochabers you should head there. Thumbs up fae me

Just oota Revolution in Belmont Street and it wisnae too bad decent dj playin inna. I had the Penang curry washed down wi Aspal cider.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Nae especially local but i took Pac Jnr and the Pac Folks up to Spey Bay today. Stopped for our lunch in Fochabers at the Quaich Cafe. What a decent wee place that is. I had a great cajun chicken panini and half of the wee mans Tuna sannie. The coffee was really good too. If your ever hungry in Fochabers you should head there. Thumbs up fae me
    Have you tried the Mill House just a few miles outside Fochabers on the road to Buckie?

Magic. *

*(i have only had evening meals there)

Help needed. Does anyone know of any decent places for the lunch near the harbour. Taking Pac Jnr on his first train ride tomorrow and down to the harbour to see the boats and Fittie for a wander. As long as its kid friendly it will be good as he and i arent fussy and are gannets to be honest

Numerous places in Union Square that your kid would like but if your loon can handle curry the Gurkha Chef on Palmerston Road is ace, looks nothing special but lovely grub, the Naga Mirchi is roasting and fine as feck

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast