+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Cracking Local Muncheries

Was oot at Teacake in Chapelton (across fae Newtonhill) a few weeks back. Only half a mile from our hoose so it was rare to get to walk somewhere for a meal for once. It's a wee coffee/sandwich/cake type place but a chef's taken it over in the last few months and he's started opening Saturday nights just working the kitchen on his own. Menu changes every few weeks and he posts it on their Facebook page.

Set £35 for 3 courses (plus you get the usual amuse bouche and wee tasters) and BYOB. Honestly one of the nicest meals I've had. Scallops with a saffron crayfish pie to start might just be the single best thing I've ever eaten. Dinna want to sound like a total bellênd, but we've been lucky to eat in some amazing places all over the world and I'm nae exaggerating how good this was.

I've raved about the Tollbooth in Stonehaven before (and still would - it's ace) but this was every bit as good at a fraction of the price. Cannot believe how cheap it was for the quality of food the guy was knocking out - he should honestly have a waiting list to get a table.
    Last edited by ILikeJam; 27-11-2018 at 02:16 PM.

[QUOTE=ILikeJam;39073223]Dinna want to sound like a total bellênd,
    .[/QUOTE

You failed

Just joking

May have to try it oot. Anyone fancy a date?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    You failed

Just joking

May have to try it oot. Anyone fancy a date?
    I didn't say didn't sound like a bellend, just that I didn't want to

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeJam View Post
    I didn't say didn't sound like a bellend, just that I didn't want to
    Its pencilled in for my return from offshore and holiday. Ill report back in early Jan. Cheers for the heads up.

We don't have a thread for sh*te muncheries so I will just stick this in here. Blue Lagoon chipper in the weege - bowfing! 1/2 Pizza crunch, what on earth was I thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    We don't have a thread for sh*te muncheries so I will just stick this in here. Blue Lagoon chipper in the weege - bowfing! 1/2 Pizza crunch, what on earth was I thinking?
    You deserve that for getting a pizza crunch.

On saying that im on porridge for a month and would probablly murder a pizza crunch
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 01-12-2018 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Blue Lagoon chippies are absolutely ****e. Serves you right.

Do they do Hoagie wraps up your way?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Blue Lagoon chippies are absolutely ****e. Serves you right.

Do they do Hoagie wraps up your way?
    Oof I'm still struggling. I though it might have some cheese or even a few slices of pepperoni in it but no no just a plain pizza base in batter. Gads.

re the hoagie, don't think so. Well I've never heard of them anyway. Does in contain roadkill?

Back on topic and I was eating at the miller and carter place in Aberdeen last night. I had the tomahawk steak with beef dripping, peppercorn sauce, sweet potato fries and that lettuce wedge things. Cooked medium was recommended so went with that and although it was pink enough in the middle I reckon I'd prefer it medium-rare.

Creme brulee to finish and it was probably the finest dessert I've ever had. Thin, crispy layer of caramelised sugar (maybe?) on top with some fruit to accompany it.

Ended up back at that place down Granton way today, Porto and Fi. I mentioned it a while back and it's still worth a visit. We missed breakfast so just a quick take away today and I had a cheese and ham croissant and chocolate brownie. Took a couple of these out the fridge to, bit pricey though at over 4 quid a bottle

Can't be arsed trying to rotate it.

One of my mates is always going on about IPAs. I think they all taste like Kronenberg that's in a soapy glass.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast