+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Cracking Local Muncheries

Used to love cafe 52 in the green but on my recent visit the service was superb but the food didn't match the service .

Back to food story for me then.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Buc View Post
    Used to love cafe 52 in the green but on my recent visit the service was superb but the food didn't match the service .

Used to frequent there a lot with the ex. Then head to the Old Kings Highway or the POW after.

I don't like eating out, I'm always worried that someone will spit in my food. Or something even worse.

Only local if you are in Edinburgh but Porto & Fi's down at Newhaven sea front is well worth a visit. Just had breakfast there - eggs benedict with smoked salmon and it was lovely. They do great homebakes as well. I've got a nice bit of Salted caramel tiffin for later.

EDIT: I should add it's not too cheap but good hearty food.
    Last edited by mondo_notion; 23-04-2018 at 09:29 AM.

Had a slice of gala pie from the Hattoncrook deli the other day. F*ckin lovely. No idea why I have never tried this before.

How do they get the egg in there though?

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Had a slice of gala pie from the Hattoncrook deli the other day. F*ckin lovely. No idea why I have never tried this before.

How do they get the egg in there though?
    Hattoncrook deli (I know ive said this and so have you) is a hidden gem in the North East. I was being lazy a few weeks back and didn't have the wee man so couldn't be assed cooking. Went in to see what they had. Opted for their Lasagne (and a few Brew Toon beers.) Its was affa bloody lovely

They also sell Grumpy Mule Coffee which is good in my book

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Hattoncrook deli (I know ive said this and so have you) is a hidden gem in the North East. I was being lazy a few weeks back and didn't have the wee man so couldn't be assed cooking. Went in to see what they had. Opted for their Lasagne (and a few Brew Toon beers.) Its was affa bloody lovely

They also sell Grumpy Mule Coffee which is good in my book
    Aye but how do they get the egg in there?

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Aye but how do they get the egg in there?
    I'm away watching randa-fitba on sat. Ill get some gala pie for tea and report back if I can

You find out how they get the egg in there pacmin?

I should have asked, I'm just back. Aberdeen Angus rump steak in a bun, onions and a dash of mustard. £3.95 and f*cking delicious.

Funny you ask as i was in Tesco yesterday and i saw Gala pie at the deli counter. So i asked my ma today

When you are making it you put a layer of meat at the bottom. Then you put pre boiled eggs with the ends cut off lined up and then build the meat around them. Then bang on the lid

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast