+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAO Mods...Logging On

FAO Mods...Logging On

Been largely enjoying posting on here as Anagram for a while. Never had a problem with the user name and password aspect with any of the old formats but have found it impossible to log on using my user name and password since the most recent changes. Thought it was just me and my technophobe tendencies but other regular users, Swaledale and mistaram to name but two, have reported similar difficulties. Seems odd that some regulars...Angry, Triz, Gaspode, Roger and Ramondo appear to have no problem while many others seem to have disappeared altogether. Personally I have had to modify my user name, change my password, use a different email address and generally start again. Not generally opposed to 'change' but while this new one may prove to have good points they aren't much use if people can't access the forum and it will simply 'die' so can someone provide some feedback regarding the difficulties/impossibilities please?

Just a personal point to finish on. Why no like 'button' anymore? Not crucial but I found it interesting seeing how much 'support' there was for individual responses, particularly where criticism or applause for individual players or management decisions was concerned.

I have found my way in but it took many failed attempts to reach this Nirvana. Also the system keeps randomly logging me out for no reason, so there are clear issues with the login function

Sorry to hear some are having problems with the log-on procedure.

Couple of things though, can I just remind people that the sites moderators are not IT technicians and normally have no more invlovement in any workings of the website as anybody else. I just get a few extra buttons to press that assists in 'moderating' the post content (which incidentally have changed now and need investigating, so if anyone fancies being a guinea pig, let me know ). We do offer any advise when we can, but that is normally based on our own experiences or what we have heard from others. The only reason I mention this is because people moan about the 'mods' not sorting this stuff out, but it has nothing to do with us.

Bloomer is the site editor, so I'm going to assume that he will be reporting any issues back to FM. I'm also going to assume that the same problems are being experienced across the entire network and will be being reported and complained about quite a bit.

What I can tell you is that everytime the software is changed or updated, there are bugs that need fixing. I do know they were testing it out for quite a while but inveitably things always come up differently when it goes live. So whilst there are problems now, these will no doubt be reviewed as time goes on. It's what normally happens.

Not 'moaning' about mods not sorting stuff Ramondo...just referring it so, as you say, it can be reported back. Mods are the only conduit we minions - or lifeblood - depending on your perspective have to the technicians and 'webmasters'. Enjoy your 'extra buttons'...God they haven't given Rats some have they?

I know you weren't moaning but experience tells me that it won't be long before someone does, I'm reminding folks now before they start. As a mod I am a poster along with everyone else, Bloomer just asked me to help moderate the board, same with the others, but I'm still just a poster. We are not even a conduit, I have no more direct contact with anyone at FM than you. I have Bloomers email address, that's about it.

As for Rats, I believe he has found the new buttons already.

Sorry

Come on Ramondo sort it out. Bleedin' mods full of excuses 😲😲😲😚

Like given

Hi Anagram
    There has been a major upgrade of the message boards etc in the last few weeks and I am sorry you are having problems with logging in with your old username. I will ask at HQ for you and see what they can do. In the mean time could you please check that you put in the correct password for me, as they are bound to ask.

On a personal note I had major problems putting articles up recently and that was all down to the upgrades as well, so you are not a loan..........WE ARE A LOAN !

On one of yours other points you can now rate each thread, not sure yet if you can do it for each separate post but you should get some idea of the popularity of the subject, although that may be obvious by the number of replies

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Been largely enjoying posting on here as Anagram for a while. Never had a problem with the user name and password aspect with any of the old formats but have found it impossible to log on using my user name and password since the most recent changes. Thought it was just me and my technophobe tendencies but other regular users, Swaledale and mistaram to name but two, have reported similar difficulties. Seems odd that some regulars...Angry, Triz, Gaspode, Roger and Ramondo appear to have no problem while many others seem to have disappeared altogether. Personally I have had to modify my user name, change my password, use a different email address and generally start again. Not generally opposed to 'change' but while this new one may prove to have good points they aren't much use if people can't access the forum and it will simply 'die' so can someone provide some feedback regarding the difficulties/impossibilities please?

Just a personal point to finish on. Why no like 'button' anymore? Not crucial but I found it interesting seeing how much 'support' there was for individual responses, particularly where criticism or applause for individual players or management decisions was concerned.

Thanks Bloomer...been trying to sign in with the same user name (AnagRam) as ever and the same password - a collection of eight meaningless upper and lower case letters - as ever. Try each day but no success. No problem at all with the new username and password but I'd prefer my old identity and post count etc. Appreciate the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Thanks Bloomer...been trying to sign in with the same user name (AnagRam) as ever and the same password - a collection of eight meaningless upper and lower case letters - as ever. Try each day but no success. No problem at all with the new username and password but I'd prefer my old identity and post count etc. Appreciate the reply.
    I am back! It has honestly taken me this long to get back on.hsving made a new e mail and password and then no link being sent to authorise...this morning my original ID worked!....happy days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)