+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I hope the hot weather doesn't last till Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Mook1 View Post
    Might want to check your Passport, Stewarty.
    Fair point Mook but it doesn't change anything, Your passport does not define you the nation in which you were born does. We are all descendants of the ancient Britons. The so called British are made up of all Nationalities When used in a historical context, the term British people refers to the ancient Britons, the indigenous inhabitants of Great Britain but I'm a Scottish inhabitant of GB.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Name calling Moi ? . Bodie you can't make people what they don't want to be. The majority of people living in Scotland said their national identity was “Scottish only”, thats according to the latest census figures. Anyway the entity they call Briton goes back donkeys way before any act of the Union the Britons were an ancient Celtic people who lived in Great Britain from the Iron Age through the Roman and Sub-Roman periods. There is no Nation called Briton so with the greatest respect Bodie you're wrong.
    No problem Stewarty. Every day is a learning day

Quote Originally Posted by JackSnakes View Post
    I am British, and happy to be so. I am also Scottish, and delighted to be so. In England I have been informed on many occasions that I am not British, but Scottish. I couldn't actually care less. In the grand scheme of things nationality is nothing to be proud of unless you have actively contributed to the reputation of your nation. The glory of a country's history or the achievements of its citizens are only reflected onto those who have done nothing to be proud of, and whose massive national pride is nothing more than an accident of birth. Lighten up ffs
    Good post

Wink

We are not all British ! Sure we all live within the British Isles but we all have our own National identities English Welch Scottish Irish etc. That's a basic fact you need to get your head round Bodie. I will not be supporting England for the simple reason I'm not English and have absolutely no emotional bind to them its very simple. If you factor in the Smugness, Arrogance, from the MSM its really quite easy to see why the most Scots want to see them fall flat on their faces.
    "We are not all British ! Sure we all live within the British Isles "

A bit of a contradiction if I date say so? :where's that confused smiley when you need it?:
    Last edited by 54FairAndSquare; 10-06-2016 at 09:27 PM.

Fair point Mook but it doesn't change anything, Your passport does not define you the nation in which you were born does. We are all descendants of the ancient Britons. The so called British are made up of all Nationalities When used in a historical context, the term British people refers to the ancient Britons, the indigenous inhabitants of Great Britain but I'm a Scottish inhabitant of GB.
    "We are all descendants of the ancient Britons"

Apart from those of us whose ancestors came from further afield. Like continental Europe or the Indian sub continent among others.

Quote Originally Posted by 54FairAndSquare View Post

Apart from those of us whose ancestors came from further afield. Like continental Europe or the Indian sub continent among others.
    Irish, Scottish, Lithuanian...

Good luck to all teams taking part. May the best team win.

Quote Originally Posted by 54FairAndSquare View Post

Aye fair point Walter. But we're going back further than that. Immigration to Scotland is a relatively new concept. The European continent is so much different from the likes of N America, Oz and New Zealand etc. The Scottish Nation was most defo not anglo-Saxon it does not exist up here. But it its now our over-riding influence ..Well as far as our media is concerned. we are basically dominated by the anglo saxon influence. But your post is right we are very much now a multi-cultural country which is good.

We're Ah Jock Thompson's ( British Bairns) but we're a sovereign Nation in oor own right. I personally think we'd be much better off Independent.. You disagree obviously... fair enough.

Aye fair point Walter. But we're going back further than that. Immigration to Scotland is a relatively new concept. The European continent is so much different from the likes of N America, Oz and New Zealand etc. The Scottish Nation was most defo not anglo-Saxon it does not exist up here. But it its now our over-riding influence ..Well as far as our media is concerned. we are basically dominated by the anglo saxon influence. But your post is right we are very much now a multi-cultural country which is good.

We're Ah Jock Thompson's ( British Bairns) but we're a sovereign Nation in oor own right. I personally think we'd be much better off Independent.. You disagree obviously... fair enough.
    I'm not sure why the dismissal and denial of the dismissal of the presence and rich influence of Anglo Saxon people in Scotland is so mainstream in the Scottish psyche. Probably a perfect vehicle to drive their hatred of other parts of the Anglo Saxon realm and present and invaded and oppressed mentality that fuels their fires of grudge and resentment.

One Scotland Many Cultures?

Some of my best friends are Anglo-Saxon

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)