+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Euro 2016

Euro 2016

So who will win? How will England do?
    My tip is for France to beat Spain in the final.
    After doing a predictor for the tournament, I think England will lose to Italy in the QF
    My surprise of the tournament is Northern Ireland who I think will get to the QF.

Quote Originally Posted by ***ypistol View Post
    So who will win? How will England do?
    My tip is for France to beat Spain in the final.
    After doing a predictor for the tournament, I think England will lose to Italy in the QF
    My surprise of the tournament is Northern Ireland who I think will get to the QF.

Can't see England getting past the first knockout round, would love to see us win it but to be honest I can't see England winning anything ever again, quarter finals would be a major achievement with the players we have.

I always tip Germany to win any tournament they play in, they always turn up no matter what their form has been in friendlies/qualifiers.

Im thinking England might actually surprise a few of us this time, and maybe even go further than the Qtrs.
    Just you watch them lose all 3 games now!

Northern Ireland ? Is SP having a laugh? Their hasn't been a prediction that ridiculous since banno said that Scotsman Liam Palmer was a future England player.

Quote Originally Posted by aussieowl View Post
    I always tip Germany to win any tournament they play in, they always turn up no matter what their form has been in friendlies/qualifiers.
    You'd never make a commentator aussie. You have to mention Ze Germans' catastrophic defence of their title in 2000 which lead to the overhaul of their game. We were also dreadful in that tournament but instead of doing anything about it we just let our club sides flood their squads with overseas players whilst all the time convincing ourselves that the 'Premier League is the best in the world'.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Im thinking England might actually surprise a few of us this time, and maybe even go further than the Qtrs.
    Just you watch them lose all 3 games now!

i agree, i've a feeling we might do ok this time around.
    i doubt we will win it but any team that does well in a tournament like this needs a bit of luck and ffs we're due some.

Italy for me.

I know the press dubbed them the worst Italy squad to travel to a major tournament, but the classic Italian resolute performance they put in against outsiders Belgium proves they aren't over the hill yet.

My outside bet would be Croatia or England.

Quote Originally Posted by banno View Post
    i agree, i've a feeling we might do ok this time around.
    i doubt we will win it but any team that does well in a tournament like this needs a bit of luck and ffs we're due some.
    We/England were never going to do well Banno, more fool us eh for thinking differently!!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)