+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football league trophy

Football league trophy

Disgusting allowing the premier league academy teams to play in FLT It's called the football league trophy for a reason we're in the football league I personally will not go to a single game in this competition and when they get it passed to put B teams into the football league I will pack up completely imagine Crewe v Middlesbrough B team what a thrill !!! I would like to know which way John bowler voted

Another change with little logic behind it. If it is intended to give potential England players some experience, I doubt that the Premiership academy teams will be full of England-eligible players any how. I would have thought that the FLT is a competition that is working well and should be left alone. Of course, for conspiracy theorists, this might be the thin end of the wedge leading to pressure, and providing the precedent, for the admission of Premier League reserve sides to the Football League.

I too will not attend any matches that involve a Premiership team (or a Champ team for that matter if it ever came to that). Ridiculous that any Lge 1 or 2 team would vote yes to this change. Similarly if the English authorities ever agree to any Old Firm involvement like has been mentioned before.

Oh well, Wembley Final one day, Arsenal reserves v Chelsea reserves! Bang goes the big day out for the lower league teams.

Correct Paul I would love to see all supporters of league one and two boycott the whole completion who the hell do the premier league think they are I will not attend any FLT games this year I would like to know which way John Bowler voted

The logic of this escapes me. If the idea is to give ‘future England players’ the opportunity to play ‘league football’, then: 1. It already exists – ask Dean Ashton, Neil Lennon, Robbie Savage (nationalities chosen at random, of course); and 2. Who knows how a player is going to develop from ****age years through to national standard?
    If the FA really do want to improve standards of nurturing, training and allowing talent its full rein, then bung some cash into existing Academies, especially those not attached to mega-rich PL clubs.

There is already a competition for Premier League reserve sides - it is called the Capital One Cup.

I had not seen any indication that this idea was up for consideration. Discussion has been kept very quiet by all concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    There is already a competition for Premier League reserve sides - it is called the Capital One Cup.

I had not seen any indication that this idea was up for consideration. Discussion has been kept very quiet by all concerned.
    Could of not put it any better myself.

Yes they have kept this quite there is a vote next June/July to possibly extend the leagues from 4 divisions to 5 if tHey allow premier league B teams in to the lower league which has been suggested I won't be having a season ticket next year

I believe that Accrington, AFC Wimbledon, Portsmouth, Hartlepool and Luton voted against the FLT proposal. It would be very interesting to know if Crewe voted in favour of the change (and why).
    Last edited by Furberstreet; 13-06-2016 at 10:59 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast