+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T EU Vote In/Out

Quote Originally Posted by elginred View Post
    Hard to argue with some of the Leave arguments on here.Am mostly out at this stage,mainly for democratic reasons,Cameron and Co have only given economic arguments.
    Still open to persuasion though.On one hand am thinking our leaving may trigger the break up of the EU,and possible security issues,but on the other it may be help address the complacency/unaccountabilty of your Mandelsons and fellow Eurocrats
    Be interested to know what the 'democratic reasons are' in your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    I understand your concerns. I had them too.

I think the EU is going to fall at some point in the future. This could be a gradual failure or it could be a dramatic failure. The dramatic failure would happen because the Euro and the policies of Germany and the EU against nations like Greece or the issues with Italy and France. Without billions and billions going into these economies to prop them up the Euro it will fail. At some stage, Germany's government may decide enough is enough. There are huge economic challenges with no easy answers for the EU and their only answer so far is to pump billions in.

The EU cannot continue with some members in the Euro and others outside it. The EU in order to save the Euro will need the Euro members to get ever closer to a State with all tax and spend being controlled centrally. This will drive non Euro states away from the EU and perhaps some others in the Euro.

With regards to security, it is in everyone's interest to continue intelligence sharing. The UK (like it or not) has the biggest intelligence operation in the whole of Europe and one of the largest in the World. This has been proven by the intelligence leaks that have happened over the past few years. We therefore share more intelligence with our partners in Europe that we receive. Intelligence sharing will continue. There are some things that we can control and others we cannot. We cannot control the consequences of a dramatic failure of the Euro inside or outside of the EU.

Good post.You got time to listen to this,be interested in your opinion

https://news.liverpool.ac.uk/2016/06...rendum-debate/

Bollox. The EU will not "fall" any time soon. No matter how much some folk dream that's going to happen, it's simply bollox.

England will vote to stay in it tomorrow and it will be even stronger as a result. It's only ever been going in one direction. Granted they rushed into letting too many poorer countries in too soon but they will work through it.

Nobody will ever leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnared View Post
    Bollox. The EU will not "fall" any time soon. No matter how much some folk dream that's going to happen, it's simply bollox.

England will vote to stay in it tomorrow and it will be even stronger as a result. It's only ever been going in one direction. Granted they rushed into letting too many poorer countries in too soon but they will work through it.

Nobody will ever leave.
    keep telling yourself that.

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    keep telling yourself that.
    Nah, I know it already.

I'm telling you

Nah, I know it already.

I'm telling you
    because you have never been proven wrong on this board before...

http://reaction.life/brexit-will-win/

from the guy who headed the cross party committee for Yes to Scottish Independence... we shall see.

Well that's me voted. I voted out. If I wasn't sure how I was going to vote then a letter through the door last night from the SNP would have convinced me to vote out, just to piss that lot of sanctimonious c*nts right off.

I don't mind anything through from either campaign, but when it comes from a political party then they can GTF. It should be a free, open vote without the need for the party machines and their apparatchiks handing out leaflets based on fear.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Well that's me voted. I voted out. If I wasn't sure how I was going to vote then a letter through the door last night from the SNP would have convinced me to vote out, just to piss that lot of sanctimonious c*nts right off.

I don't mind anything through from either campaign, but when it comes from a political party then they can GTF. It should be a free, open vote without the need for the party machines and their apparatchiks handing out leaflets based on fear.
    So it's more to do with the SNP if you are being honest?

I've had plenty of leaflets from the rest of them. I also got one featuring poppies and war heroes on the front with the quote "they fought for or freedom - vote leave"

Well as I said when I started this thread, I have voted OUT. Not even my beloved SNP party convinced me otherwise. It could well be I wake up tomorrow and still be in the EU, but that's the nature of the beast. When my parents originally voted for the common market in 75, they would never have imagined it would turn into what it is now. That is only going to continue until it is a federation with a single government. I maybe accused of being far fetched, but the EU will continue to evolve into something the people didn't vote for. I don't want the UK or Scotland top be any part of that.

Nobody will ever leave.
    You obviously haven't been looking at the economic data that has becoming out if the EU zone the last month. Intact even today the French economy has shrunk in the last four months which could push it and EU into recession again.

Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast