+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T EU Vote In/Out

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    So it's more to do with the SNP if you are being honest?

I've had plenty of leaflets from the rest of them. I also got one featuring poppies and war heroes on the front with the quote "they fought for or freedom - vote leave"
    I never, ever read anything put through my door from a political party. I am able to make up my own mind without their lies to influence me. I was an SNP voter, up until last months election, but their stance on this vote has pissed me off greatly.

For me this vote shouldn't have been about party politics, but the SNP being the SNP couldn't help themself. If the fecker comes to me door tonight asking how I have voted he may regret the day he put on an SNP badge and knocked on my door.

That's not really the SNPs fault to be fair. They were always going to push for a remain vote, while hoping they didn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    I never, ever read anything put through my door from a political party. I am able to make up my own mind without their lies to influence me. I was an SNP voter, up until last months election, but their stance on this vote has pissed me off greatly.

For me this vote shouldn't have been about party politics, but the SNP being the SNP couldn't help themself. If the fecker comes to me door tonight asking how I have voted he may regret the day he put on an SNP badge and knocked on my door.

Doesn't exactly tie up with what you said in post 157 " If I wasn't sure how I was going to vote then a letter through the door last night from the SNP would have convinced me to vote out, just to piss that lot of sanctimonious c*nts right off."

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    They were always going to push for a remain vote, while hoping they didn't get it.
    I am not sure. Jim Sillars states that there was no explicit terms in the manifesto that called for another referendum. This means the SNP would not have a mandate to hold one in this parliament. You can forget all the... something significant happening like a vote to leave the EU cos they knew there would be a referendum and this was not in their manifesto either.

I think this is more that the SNP have to be seen by their voters to look at options around a referendum. Personally, I cannot see that happening until after 2020 but the SNP is unlikely to get another majority so it is unlikely to happen for years to come. Sorry to disappoint but I think this is the reality.

Only my opinion mind.

all that really matters surely is Keith's mum

Quote Originally Posted by LED View Post
    You obviously haven't been looking at the economic data that has becoming out if the EU zone the last month. Intact even today the French economy has shrunk in the last four months which could push it and EU into recession again.
    So what?

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    Doesn't exactly tie up with what you said in post 157 " If I wasn't sure how I was going to vote then a letter through the door last night from the SNP would have convinced me to vote out, just to piss that lot of sanctimonious c*nts right off."
    I got a letter pushed through my door last night at 9:30 from the SNP, it went straight in the (recycle) bin unread, just like all the others I have received, it wasn't read just the fact I received a letter from them hacked me off.

I just don't like the way that the SNP machine has politicised the debate up here and spun the same type of lies which the Westminster parties used during the independence referendum.

I got a letter pushed through my door
    Some right aggressive Nazi party stuff right there.

I just don't like the way that the SNP machine has politicised the debate
    Political party politicising debate shocker!

I'm 'in' but I'm not 100% (is anyone?)

Most annoying things of the whole debate are:

1. "Give us the facts" Jeezo, what planet are people on? The future is open, noone knows. If it was a fact and not an opinion or guess which way was better, we would know. Its a fact the earth is round, it's not a fact that being in the EU is better or worse.

2. Old people voting out. FFS. You'll be deid soon, it doesn't affect you, it's 2016 not 1920. People have been to other countries. Spaghetti goesn't grow on trees, foreigners are not weird, the French don't live on garlic. I would have capped the vote at 70. (max)

There's nae way you should be allowed to vote once your retired, never mind 70.

Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast