+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another Dodgy Owner for Forest?

Another Dodgy Owner for Forest?

There are suggestions that Evangelos Marinakis owner of Olympiakos FC in Greece may buy a majority stake in Forest, interestingly he is currently banned from any football activity in Greece accused of directing a criminal organisation whose aims were the control of Greek football through blackmail and fraud! He denys all this of course, but the trial is due in a few weeks, ee they know how to pick them!

This is old news Swale, he won't pass the fit and proper persons test so can't see this happening.

If he can pay the players wages it'll be a done deal!

I'm not sure the 'another' bit is fair.

I don't think that Fawaz is dodgy at all. I think that he he is well meaning and has acted in what he believed were the best interests of Forest. Amusingly for all Derby fans, he's also inept, incompetent and clueless. Now he's had his pocket money stopped he's also skint.

I hope this takeover doesn't go through for several reasons. I'll miss Fawaz - he's kept me amused for years now. The Greek bloke just might turn Forest around the division will be competitive enough next season without another serious promotion contender. I love the rivalry with Forest, but for me it's never been hatred or loathing. I love that we're two clubs of similar size, from similar places with loads of shared history. I love that we're better than them currently and lose no opportunity in teasing my Forest mates because of it - but I also don't get upset when they get the rare opportunity to give it back. Yet if their new owner turns out to be a nasty piece of work, I might start to despise Forest in the way I do Millwall - and I don't want that to happen. It's also possible that he'll turn Forest into a feeder club for Olympiacos. That could strip the soul out of the club and pretty much end the rivalry which I enjoy so much.

Long live Fawaz I say.

And we will have the opportunity to all become PAOK fans

Do Greeks have bank holidays, just thinking ahead like!

whoever takes over its a sad way football i left to being run as money matters not the game.

Quote Originally Posted by CornwallRam View Post
    I'm not sure the 'another' bit is fair.

I don't think that Fawaz is dodgy at all. I think that he he is well meaning and has acted in what he believed were the best interests of Forest. Amusingly for all Derby fans, he's also inept, incompetent and clueless. Now he's had his pocket money stopped he's also skint.

I hope this takeover doesn't go through for several reasons. I'll miss Fawaz - he's kept me amused for years now. The Greek bloke just might turn Forest around the division will be competitive enough next season without another serious promotion contender. I love the rivalry with Forest, but for me it's never been hatred or loathing. I love that we're two clubs of similar size, from similar places with loads of shared history. I love that we're better than them currently and lose no opportunity in teasing my Forest mates because of it - but I also don't get upset when they get the rare opportunity to give it back. Yet if their new owner turns out to be a nasty piece of work, I might start to despise Forest in the way I do Millwall - and I don't want that to happen. It's also possible that he'll turn Forest into a feeder club for Olympiacos. That could strip the soul out of the club and pretty much end the rivalry which I enjoy so much.

Long live Fawaz I say.

Mm may be not in the criminal sense, but having a club that is in breach of fair play rules, has a transfer embargo ends up having writs served for late payment of bills and changes managers frequently suggest less than stable ownership!

As for not meeting the fit and proper persons test, well that didn't stop the guy at Leeds becoming owner so watch this space!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)