+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lewis Kidd

I agree with Palmylad, - lets wait and see what happens!

I would have preferred to have kept Kidd and Oliver, but it was time for Russell to go, - I don't think I could stand any more of his diving!

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    if what your saying is the case here ,are you happy with that auld chippy ,im certainly not ,thats the kind of attitude from the board that was seen in the harkness era ,happy to prop up the league staying stagnent ,crowds would plummet fast ,and you can only last so long in this sort of league with that sort of attitude ,i just cant see the boards ambition being that low likes ,it would be just as big a killer to the club than over spending to get promotion .
    I'm not saying that this is the case, it's just my opinion based on the lack ok of any "special" signings so far. Obviously there is still time for the Manager to bring in more quality but if it is a case of him working within a restricted budget the chances of this are limited. Of course I want the team to be challenging at the top end of the table, and who knows we might still do that, but sometimes you have to be a bit realistic, or in my case maybe a bit pessimistic, and accept that the club is maybe not in a position to compete with the "big boys" this season at least. I think the BoD, unlike the Harkness era, are ambitious in the long term but are also realistic enough to know when it is wise not to overspend. If the team is playing with a positive attitude and looking like they are trying to win every game then the fans should get behind them and who knows they might just surprise a few pessimists like me. Anyway there is still a bit of time before the season starts for Skelton to bring in more players so let's just wait and see.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)