+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Derbyshire to Cyprus

Derbyshire to Cyprus

Strongly rumoured in many quarters that Matt Derbyshire is on his way to Omonia Nicosia - smells a bit to me

Well I've just been on their Twitter feed to see if there was any truth in this rumour. Couldn't understand a word of it. It was all Greek to me.

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile View Post
    Well I've just been on their Twitter feed to see if there was any truth in this rumour. Couldn't understand a word of it. It was all Greek to me.
    There you go, mate, says they've agreed in principle, Paul Douglas offered peanuts.

Καταρχήν συμφωνία με τον 30χρονο Άγγλο επιθετικό, Ματ Νταρμπισάιαρ #OMONOIA http://www.omonoia.com.cy/default.as...news&nid=4102#
    Last edited by leedsmiller; 16-06-2016 at 11:50 AM.

Assume he's going on a free then? Sad to see him go, as he has a decent footballing brain and the ability to score some important goals and create gaps in defences for other players to exploit.

I had a decent chat with Matty at the end of season dinner. He told me that he had enjoyed his time and would stay if they offered him a deal on the same terms. He said however that he expected to be offered a 1 year deal on a much reduced wage. looks like that is what has happened. From his point of view he probably believes he is worth 2 years, from ours he isn't getting any younger and has never really been the first name on the teamsheet as we might have expected when he signed.
    Scorer of a winning goal at Hillsborough means he is in a small but ever expanding group of legends!
    Last edited by tony260674; 16-06-2016 at 12:37 PM.

Get rid of Paul Douglas

Douglas is worked on the strings by TS....it's not all down to Douglas...

Nice sun tan for Mrs Derbyshire though for the next 12 months 😎😎😎😎

Good luck to Derbs.... Hope things work out well for him and his family....
    Last edited by Brin; 16-06-2016 at 03:17 PM.

Whilst I liked Derbyshire and would liked to have seen him stay, he was on top money and never was the stand out striker we were hoping he would be. Did his performances really justify the huge salary (by our standards)?

From the title I thought this was some sort of land transfer that was being arranged as part of a Brexit deal. Derby and Chesterfield can go but it would be nice to keep the Peak District and Derbyshire Dales

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    I had a decent chat with Matty at the end of season dinner. He told me that he had enjoyed his time and would stay if they offered him a deal on the same terms. He said however that he expected to be offered a 1 year deal on a much reduced wage. looks like that is what has happened. From his point of view he probably believes he is worth 2 years, from ours he isn't getting any younger and has never really been the first name on the teamsheet as we might have expected when he signed.
    Scorer of a winning goal at Hillsborough means he is in a small but ever expanding group of legends!
    I'm sure it's nothing to do with your conversation, or Derbs fetish for Halumi but it's time for him to move on.

Big thanks to Derbs, big thanks to Tony for his story book but let's move on and get better

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast