+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP Jo Cox dies after being shot and stabbed

MP Jo Cox dies after being shot and stabbed

I can't say i've got much time for any politicians, but i wouldn't wish what's happened today on anyone.

RIP Joe Cox

More On The Story Click Here

Let's share our love with each other, and pledge, for Jo and all of us, to carry her banner of love forward.

I don't share her views on the EU but she, like everyone else, is entitled to her opinion - that is democracy!

Her killer is total scum. We live in a democracy and long may it continue!

Mod Edit: I removed the article because I deemed it unwarranted. I have left the last line in and Woking's comment as they are reflecting the theme of the thread.
    Last edited by theplater; 18-06-2016 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Unwarranted article

Mod Edit: Removed my own reply to Woking's post.
    Last edited by theplater; 18-06-2016 at 11:42 AM.

Plater, I put the email up as I thought it may be of interest. My point is that this attack is an attack against democracy. My comments are limited to the last two lines.

Regarding 'points scoring', it may be the way some people live their lives, but it has no place in mine. I am totally happy with my lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Woking88 View Post
    Plater, I put the email up as I thought it may be of interest. My point is that this attack is an attack against democracy. My comments are limited to the last two lines.

Regarding 'points scoring', it may be the way some people live their lives, but it has no place in mine. I am totally happy with my lot!
    AVAAS is an 'activist group' and I don't find it of any interest and I'm not happy that you've posted it on here. If anyone else on here agrees with me I'll remove it.

Steve, you have to do what you think is right for the forum, i don't the email part should've been copied and pasted on here. What he posted at the end of that is his opinion.

When the attacker was in court and asked to stare his name, he gave his name as "death to traitors, freedom for Britain"

But ironic as he robbed someone of the freedom to live their life. And he will lose his freedom as well.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-36567005?...e=news_central

He deserves what's coming to him and even then it won't be enough. Jo Cox's family will have to do without her for the rest of their lives.

the way i see it is that politics plays no part in this senseless atrocity,more to do with the care in the community project promoted by our late leader maggie thatcher.she was the one who shut down all the mental institutions and shoved them out into the public domain.the perpetrator had even visited the nhs walk in centre the day before complaining of issues with the state of his head/mind the day before.just a mental health issue patient who in years gone by would have been institutionalised

Quote Originally Posted by WBA53 View Post
    the way i see it is that politics plays no part in this senseless atrocity,more to do with the care in the community project promoted by our late leader maggie thatcher.she was the one who shut down all the mental institutions and shoved them out into the public domain.the perpetrator had even visited the nhs walk in centre the day before complaining of issues with the state of his head/mind the day before.just a mental health issue patient who in years gone by would have been institutionalised
    If you say politics play no part why do you dedicate most of your post to the actions of a politician?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)