+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kevin McCarra

Kevin McCarra

You'll be reading about this journo today-he went "missing" for 5hrs (aye, only 5) in Avignon, France and his wife/brother in law started a Facebook page…

So he turns up on local TV Avignon city centre coming out of a hotel. Twitter goes nuts and #kevinmccarra starts trending with 10k tweets in the space of a few hours.

A few folk started asking "glad he's safe, but what was he up to…?" and all the big hitter in the journo world closed ranks and started dishing out a abuse to anyone who asked-total hypocrisy.

We don't need to ask what he was up to, do we? Caught bonny…

Since when does 5 hours count as missing?

Noticed it on Twitter yesterday. Assumed he had some sort of breakdown and background of mental health the way they were going on.

5 hours isnae even a decent shift on the drink. When I was younger and full of p1ss and vinegar, on a lads' trip away you widnae even notice someone was gone for 48 hours.

I suppose in these times you have to be constantly in touch by one means or another.
    And, aye, he was obviously away for a quickie aff the books.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    5 hours isnae even a decent shift on the drink. When I was younger and full of p1ss and vinegar, on a lads' trip away you widnae even notice someone was gone for 48 hours.

I suppose in these times you have to be constantly in touch by one means or another.
    And, aye, he was obviously away for a quickie aff the books.
    I was at a funeral in Inverness yesterday, and a certain Alistair Fraser was talking in impressive terms about your hollow drinking legs.

Gone missing for 5 hours ??

Good lad.

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    Gone missing for 5 hours ??

Good lad.
    I can go missing for 5 hours on a 12 hours shift at work, easily

Quote Originally Posted by blinlemon View Post
    I was at a funeral in Inverness yesterday, and a certain Alistair Fraser was talking in impressive terms about your hollow drinking legs.

Sadly, Old Father Time, Marriage and severe lack of practice have substantially reduced the capacity of said legs!

I bumped into Al after that disaster of a County game on the Friday night last season, prior to that I hadn't seen him in donkeys.

Back in the day, we sank a few on many occasions.....including the stag weekend of a Dons supporting journo, who keeks in here occasionally,in Dublin.

He routinely displayed archetypal journalistic capacities!