+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 23rd June, Independence day

23rd June, Independence day

23rd June Independence Day.

Time to throw off the EU shackles,

Time for us Brits to have our say.

Time for the mother of all battles.

EU politicians, their noses in the trough,

Say please don't go, but we Brits are off.

14 Billion pounds they wail, we can't afford to lose,

Tough luck we say,it's for us to choose

on Independence Day.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    23rd June Independence Day.

Time to throw off the EU shackles,

Time for us Brits to have our say.

Time for the mother of all battles.

EU politicians, their noses in the trough,

Say please don't go, but we Brits are off.

14 Billion pounds they wail, we can't afford to lose,

Tough luck we say,it's for us to choose

on Independence Day.

Can't see it happening Claw.

It's not really Independence Day. If you want to come out you will have to wait another two years which is the time the Government has to work out and tell the EU what it's exit strategy is. Until then we are still in the EU and have to abide with it's laws.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Can't see it happening Claw.
    You are right Frenchie, people are worried about all the disadvantages that may follow.

But I am worried about this plan about forming a European army from a German dominated EU.

I thought this thread was about the new sequel to Independance day the film.lol

Anyway for what it's worth me and the Mrs are voting out... Let's become our own Country again and not be ruled by a European Union..
    Lets get some laws on in place to properly curb immigration .

Let's Start spending money on The Uk for a change instead of paying into a European fund

You are right Frenchie, people are worried about all the disadvantages that may follow.

But I am worried about this plan about forming a European army from a German dominated EU.
    Europe is not an aggressive group of nations and I'm sure that if we were more aligned to it in respect of defense and security we would not have had the massive destabilization in North Africa,The Middle East and Afghanistan caused by Anglo/US intervention which has caused Europe a problem not of it's making by a massive influx of refugees.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I thought this thread was about the new sequel to Independance day the film.lol

Anyway for what it's worth me and the Mrs are voting out... Let's become our own Country again and not be ruled by a European Union..
    Lets get some laws on in place to properly curb immigration .

Let's Start spending money on The Uk for a change instead of paying into a European fund
    Plaid Cymru and the SNP want to stay in Europe so what happens if there is an exit vote ? It's possible that in the not too distant future only England will be what remains of the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Arundelred View Post
    Plaid Cymru and the SNP want to stay in Europe so what happens if there is an exit vote ? It's possible that in the not too distant future only England will be what remains of the UK.
    The SNP and Plaid are just political parties, it is the peoples vote that counts.

Cameron was asked 3 times on sunday night if he would veto Turkey joining the EU by a member of the audience, 3 times he side steeped the question, I'm afraid this is not a man to be trusted with our country's future.

The SNP and Plaid are just political parties, it is the peoples vote that counts.

Cameron was asked 3 times on sunday night if he would veto Turkey joining the EU by a member of the audience, 3 times he side steeped the question, I'm afraid this is not a man to be trusted with our country's future.
    Ok I'll rephrase the question. What if the majority of voters of England want out and those in Wales and Scotland want in. The SNP can do no wrong in Scotland at the moment and Plaid Cymru aren't doing bad either. Two out of three countries in the UK wanting to stay in won't be happy if England want out. That will only lead to more demands for independence.

Hello Claw: Turkey need a unanimous vote to be allowed in the EU. I cannot see in my life time very right wing countries like Denmark, Austria, Hungary etc voting Turkey in. France, for example, has always been hostile to Turkey joining the "Club".
    On a personal note if I could vote I would vote remain. Europe is not perfect...far from it...and à lot needs adjusting such as the Schengen agreement and what seems a total lack of consistent labour laws across the member states. But as I have already said to you on a previous "Brexit" thread, we are now commemorating two of the most bloodiest battles in history...The Somme and Verdun. If there is one good thing that has come out of a "not always" united Europe, is that no longer will different European nations be kicking the ****e out of each other anymore.....at least I hope so for future generations

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast