+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 23rd June, Independence day

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Hello Claw: Turkey need a unanimous vote to be allowed in the EU. I cannot see in my life time very right wing countries like Denmark, Austria, Hungary etc voting Turkey in. France, for example, has always been hostile to Turkey joining the "Club".
    On a personal note if I could vote I would vote remain. Europe is not perfect...far from it...and à lot needs adjusting such as the Schengen agreement and what seems a total lack of consistent labour laws across the member states. But as I have already said to you on a previous "Brexit" thread, we are now commemorating two of the most bloodiest battles in history...The Somme and Verdun. If there is one good thing that has come out of a "not always" united Europe, is that no longer will different European nations be kicking the ****e out of each other anymore.....at least I hope so for future generations
    I really hope you are right Frenchie about Turkey not joining. Of course I would expect you to vote in. And yes being a veteran I am aware of those battles in history.

But I have to disagree with you on the EU keeping the peace, it has been NATO thats provided our protection. I have been on enough NATO exercises to know. When Kosovo went up in flames it was NATO that put out the fire and not the EU.

If England get to Paris you going to watch, should be good, seen a few Lions fans over there.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    I really hope you are right Frenchie about Turkey not joining. Of course I would expect you to vote in. And yes being a veteran I am aware of those battles in history.

But I have to disagree with you on the EU keeping the peace, it has been NATO thats provided our protection. I have been on enough NATO exercises to know. When Kosovo went up in flames it was NATO that put out the fire and not the EU.

If England get to Paris you going to watch, should be good, seen a few Lions fans over there.
    Evening Claw..I don't say it's Europe that is keeping the peace but the concept since the middle fifties means that the tradidtional belligerents are no longer killing each other.
    As for the 3 Lions.....I really can't see anybody topping Spain! Fortunately Messi didn't take out Spanish nationality!!

Hello Claw: Turkey need a unanimous vote to be allowed in the EU. I cannot see in my life time very right wing countries like Denmark, Austria, Hungary etc voting Turkey in. France, for example, has always been hostile to Turkey joining the "Club".
    On a personal note if I could vote I would vote remain. Europe is not perfect...far from it...and à lot needs adjusting such as the Schengen agreement and what seems a total lack of consistent labour laws across the member states. But as I have already said to you on a previous "Brexit" thread, we are now commemorating two of the most bloodiest battles in history...The Somme and Verdun. If there is one good thing that has come out of a "not always" united Europe, is that no longer will different European nations be kicking the ****e out of each other anymore.....at least I hope so for future generations
    Today is the day I vote for my country, why would anyone vote for the fat cats of Brussels, who will want more powers and money.

good use of words claw

Fortunately for the good of the country your vote was wasted!

I hope nobody drew a big c*ock and balls or some big boobs on their papers
    Seriously though, I didnt go and vote today but I would have voted 'Leave' if I had.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Fortunately for the good of the country your vote was wasted!
    Nobody's vote was wasted, all were counted including the good people of Derby, Barnsley, Swindon and Burnley which all had a majority for Leave. Britain has decided, accept it.

The UK having voted out will, with a little luck, give a kick up the arse to Bruxelles and get them to reform the whole concept....starting with binning the Schengen agreement. The UK voted out but I am far from convinced in the long term It was the right decision. As I no longer live in the UK and do not have any intention of returning to live there....I wish you all good luck.

The UK having voted out will, with a little luck, give a kick up the arse to Bruxelles and get them to reform the whole concept....starting with binning the Schengen agreement. The UK voted out but I am far from convinced in the long term It was the right decision. As I no longer live in the UK and do not have any intention of returning to live there....I wish you all good luck.

Thanks Frenchie for the good luck, yes you are right Brussels needs reforming, Cameron brought nothing back from his talks over there, they did not give him any concessions, so you will understand why he lost.

Jumped up Junker helped us decide when he preached to us. COYLS

Swaledale doesn't make sense to me mate but everyone has a view.

If this referendum is so damn important why on earth aren't people given the facts in full so a informed decision can be made.

Me and the average joe do not know what the best thing for Britain and the EU is.

My vote I fill is on guess work and guessing what is best.

There are far too many internet experts on all this who tell you this and that as if they flaming well run the Government and EU.

What's done is done and the future is ours so rather than squabble let's try and unite as a nation.

The pound plummeted this morning but picked up in the PM.

Scotland want to stay so another referendum for them I guess.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast