Get your very own personalised Robins Nest gifts!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: 23rd June, Independence day

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,822

    23rd June, Independence day

    23rd June Independence Day.

    Time to throw off the EU shackles,

    Time for us Brits to have our say.

    Time for the mother of all battles.

    EU politicians, their noses in the trough,

    Say please don't go, but we Brits are off.

    14 Billion pounds they wail, we can't afford to lose,

    Tough luck we say,it's for us to choose

    on Independence Day.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,278
    Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    23rd June Independence Day.

    Time to throw off the EU shackles,

    Time for us Brits to have our say.

    Time for the mother of all battles.

    EU politicians, their noses in the trough,

    Say please don't go, but we Brits are off.

    14 Billion pounds they wail, we can't afford to lose,

    Tough luck we say,it's for us to choose

    on Independence Day.

    Can't see it happening Claw.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    311
    It's not really Independence Day. If you want to come out you will have to wait another two years which is the time the Government has to work out and tell the EU what it's exit strategy is. Until then we are still in the EU and have to abide with it's laws.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,822
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Can't see it happening Claw.
    You are right Frenchie, people are worried about all the disadvantages that may follow.

    But I am worried about this plan about forming a European army from a German dominated EU.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    33,380
    I thought this thread was about the new sequel to Independance day the film.lol

    Anyway for what it's worth me and the Mrs are voting out... Let's become our own Country again and not be ruled by a European Union..
    Lets get some laws on in place to properly curb immigration .

    Let's Start spending money on The Uk for a change instead of paying into a European fund

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    You are right Frenchie, people are worried about all the disadvantages that may follow.

    But I am worried about this plan about forming a European army from a German dominated EU.
    Europe is not an aggressive group of nations and I'm sure that if we were more aligned to it in respect of defense and security we would not have had the massive destabilization in North Africa,The Middle East and Afghanistan caused by Anglo/US intervention which has caused Europe a problem not of it's making by a massive influx of refugees.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I thought this thread was about the new sequel to Independance day the film.lol

    Anyway for what it's worth me and the Mrs are voting out... Let's become our own Country again and not be ruled by a European Union..
    Lets get some laws on in place to properly curb immigration .

    Let's Start spending money on The Uk for a change instead of paying into a European fund
    Plaid Cymru and the SNP want to stay in Europe so what happens if there is an exit vote ? It's possible that in the not too distant future only England will be what remains of the UK.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Arundelred View Post
    Plaid Cymru and the SNP want to stay in Europe so what happens if there is an exit vote ? It's possible that in the not too distant future only England will be what remains of the UK.
    The SNP and Plaid are just political parties, it is the peoples vote that counts.

    Cameron was asked 3 times on sunday night if he would veto Turkey joining the EU by a member of the audience, 3 times he side steeped the question, I'm afraid this is not a man to be trusted with our country's future.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    The SNP and Plaid are just political parties, it is the peoples vote that counts.

    Cameron was asked 3 times on sunday night if he would veto Turkey joining the EU by a member of the audience, 3 times he side steeped the question, I'm afraid this is not a man to be trusted with our country's future.
    Ok I'll rephrase the question. What if the majority of voters of England want out and those in Wales and Scotland want in. The SNP can do no wrong in Scotland at the moment and Plaid Cymru aren't doing bad either. Two out of three countries in the UK wanting to stay in won't be happy if England want out. That will only lead to more demands for independence.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,278
    Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    The SNP and Plaid are just political parties, it is the peoples vote that counts.

    Cameron was asked 3 times on sunday night if he would veto Turkey joining the EU by a member of the audience, 3 times he side steeped the question, I'm afraid this is not a man to be trusted with our country's future.
    Hello Claw: Turkey need a unanimous vote to be allowed in the EU. I cannot see in my life time very right wing countries like Denmark, Austria, Hungary etc voting Turkey in. France, for example, has always been hostile to Turkey joining the "Club".
    On a personal note if I could vote I would vote remain. Europe is not perfect...far from it...and lot needs adjusting such as the Schengen agreement and what seems a total lack of consistent labour laws across the member states. But as I have already said to you on a previous "Brexit" thread, we are now commemorating two of the most bloodiest battles in history...The Somme and Verdun. If there is one good thing that has come out of a "not always" united Europe, is that no longer will different European nations be kicking the ****e out of each other anymore.....at least I hope so for future generations

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,822
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Hello Claw: Turkey need a unanimous vote to be allowed in the EU. I cannot see in my life time very right wing countries like Denmark, Austria, Hungary etc voting Turkey in. France, for example, has always been hostile to Turkey joining the "Club".
    On a personal note if I could vote I would vote remain. Europe is not perfect...far from it...and lot needs adjusting such as the Schengen agreement and what seems a total lack of consistent labour laws across the member states. But as I have already said to you on a previous "Brexit" thread, we are now commemorating two of the most bloodiest battles in history...The Somme and Verdun. If there is one good thing that has come out of a "not always" united Europe, is that no longer will different European nations be kicking the ****e out of each other anymore.....at least I hope so for future generations
    I really hope you are right Frenchie about Turkey not joining. Of course I would expect you to vote in. And yes being a veteran I am aware of those battles in history.

    But I have to disagree with you on the EU keeping the peace, it has been NATO thats provided our protection. I have been on enough NATO exercises to know. When Kosovo went up in flames it was NATO that put out the fire and not the EU.

    If England get to Paris you going to watch, should be good, seen a few Lions fans over there.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,278
    Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    I really hope you are right Frenchie about Turkey not joining. Of course I would expect you to vote in. And yes being a veteran I am aware of those battles in history.

    But I have to disagree with you on the EU keeping the peace, it has been NATO thats provided our protection. I have been on enough NATO exercises to know. When Kosovo went up in flames it was NATO that put out the fire and not the EU.

    If England get to Paris you going to watch, should be good, seen a few Lions fans over there.
    Evening Claw..I don't say it's Europe that is keeping the peace but the concept since the middle fifties means that the tradidtional belligerents are no longer killing each other.
    As for the 3 Lions.....I really can't see anybody topping Spain! Fortunately Messi didn't take out Spanish nationality!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,822
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Hello Claw: Turkey need a unanimous vote to be allowed in the EU. I cannot see in my life time very right wing countries like Denmark, Austria, Hungary etc voting Turkey in. France, for example, has always been hostile to Turkey joining the "Club".
    On a personal note if I could vote I would vote remain. Europe is not perfect...far from it...and lot needs adjusting such as the Schengen agreement and what seems a total lack of consistent labour laws across the member states. But as I have already said to you on a previous "Brexit" thread, we are now commemorating two of the most bloodiest battles in history...The Somme and Verdun. If there is one good thing that has come out of a "not always" united Europe, is that no longer will different European nations be kicking the ****e out of each other anymore.....at least I hope so for future generations
    Today is the day I vote for my country, why would anyone vote for the fat cats of Brussels, who will want more powers and money.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    15,689
    good use of words claw

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,603
    Fortunately for the good of the country your vote was wasted!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    42,013
    I hope nobody drew a big c*ock and balls or some big boobs on their papers
    Seriously though, I didnt go and vote today but I would have voted 'Leave' if I had.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,822
    Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Fortunately for the good of the country your vote was wasted!
    Nobody's vote was wasted, all were counted including the good people of Derby, Barnsley, Swindon and Burnley which all had a majority for Leave. Britain has decided, accept it.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,278
    The UK having voted out will, with a little luck, give a kick up the arse to Bruxelles and get them to reform the whole concept....starting with binning the Schengen agreement. The UK voted out but I am far from convinced in the long term It was the right decision. As I no longer live in the UK and do not have any intention of returning to live there....I wish you all good luck.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,822
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    The UK having voted out will, with a little luck, give a kick up the arse to Bruxelles and get them to reform the whole concept....starting with binning the Schengen agreement. The UK voted out but I am far from convinced in the long term It was the right decision. As I no longer live in the UK and do not have any intention of returning to live there....I wish you all good luck.

    Thanks Frenchie for the good luck, yes you are right Brussels needs reforming, Cameron brought nothing back from his talks over there, they did not give him any concessions, so you will understand why he lost.

    Jumped up Junker helped us decide when he preached to us. COYLS

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    15,689
    Swaledale doesn't make sense to me mate but everyone has a view.

    If this referendum is so damn important why on earth aren't people given the facts in full so a informed decision can be made.

    Me and the average joe do not know what the best thing for Britain and the EU is.

    My vote I fill is on guess work and guessing what is best.

    There are far too many internet experts on all this who tell you this and that as if they flaming well run the Government and EU.

    What's done is done and the future is ours so rather than squabble let's try and unite as a nation.

    The pound plummeted this morning but picked up in the PM.

    Scotland want to stay so another referendum for them I guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •