+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fish...

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    The improvement in fake veggie meats in the last few years has been amazing.
    Agreed, some very good products on the Market now. There was very little cheating products when I went veggie 30+ years ago, so much easier now.
    My veggie Dons supporting daughter was at a charity do last night, she won two prizes in the raffle, first one a £10 voucher for a local butcher, second one a fun filled goodie bag containing a signed photo of Mark Warburton plus a load of Sevco tat, you couldn't make it up.

I thought this was going to be a thread about the bald, long, chubby former Marillion front man.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I thought this was going to be a thread about the bald, long, chubby former Marillion front man.
    me too. He's still going strong.

Met him briefly after the Brazil game in 98. Nice chap.

Quote Originally Posted by Buc View Post
    Alternatives what about these real fine it is too.

http://www.veggiestuff.com/vegetaria...h-alternatives
    Er, Is veggie - Halal stuff nae a contradiction???

Quote Originally Posted by ObanRed View Post
    Er, Is veggie - Halal stuff nae a contradiction???
    No it just means they'll be paying a fee for halal certification, some of which goes to very questionable sources. Bit of a protection racket really.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Derrick got his nickname when he was working in the forests near Focahbers and had digs in Keith. Aye, Keith.

His landlady limited him to two baths a week, a bit niggardly considering the fool orra state of sweat, deid midgies and dubs in which he arrived back at his digs after a day felling stout centuries-old oaks with his medieval sword, thrust in his hand by the queen pixie of fate.

He therefore spent a lot of time at the local swimming pool on Banff Road, and the Keith loons referred to him as Fish as a result.

"Incommunicado" was penned there to as he wasn't able to communicate with the grunting teuchters that dwell in Keith

So I heard anyway

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Derrick got his nickname when he was working in the forests near Focahbers and had digs in Keith. Aye, Keith.

His landlady limited him to two baths a week, a bit niggardly considering the fool orra state of sweat, deid midgies and dubs in which he arrived back at his digs after a day felling stout centuries-old oaks with his medieval sword, thrust in his hand by the queen pixie of fate.

He therefore spent a lot of time at the local swimming pool on Banff Road, and the Keith loons referred to him as Fish as a result.
    I actually knew that story, though I wasn't aware it occurred when he was based in Keith.
    I saw Marillion live mega times back in the day, but cast them aside after he left.
    I met him at a Hibs v Dons game, round about 98 ish (Dodds and Windass up front, Darren Jackson playing for Hibs 1-0 win).

Anyway, I scored a prawn-sandwich invite to the game, Deek was at the next table.
    I'd originally been invited by, and was going to go with, the landlord of my local (Hibs were sponsored by Carlsberg at the time).

He couldn't go and his replacement pulled out on the Friday night so a mate of mine's Missus came down.

When I clocked Fish I got awful excited pointed him out, told her who he was (she'd never heard of him or Marillion).
    I got the craic with him, nice guy.

Cracking day mob of drink, job's a good un.

So, on the Monday, the lassie I went to the game with was at her work when one of her colleagues asked if she'd enjoyed her day at the match.

She answered in the affirmative then came out with the immortal line "and you'll never guess who was at the next table........Seal!"

As I type I think I may have told this story on here before, but it still makes me smile.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12