+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 52 years

52 years

The last time Queens played Dundee Utd in a league game (1963-64 )

One that can't be missed then . Here's hoping for a decent away support that day

Was going to look this up today and I have a match programme from that season that could be the last league match from Tannadice.

Terrible record in the various cups since we last played the Arabs in a league game

Last time I went to Tannadice to watch Queens play Dundee United we got there only for the game to be called off due to a waterlogged pitch . This was before the days of the Internet and mobile phones

Remember it well - got to somewhere near Stirling and saw the postponement on TV when we stopped for
    a wee bevvy but it actually ended up a good day with call - ins to a few hostelries en route back to Dumfries.

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post
    Last time I went to Tannadice to watch Queens play Dundee United we got there only for the game to be called off due to a waterlogged pitch . This was before the days of the Internet and mobile phones
    Remember it well-it was a cup game and we tuned into the radio all the way up anticipating a call off and only after we got there it was actually postponed. Decided to go to the St Johnstone game instead which was also called off and eventually ended up at the Hearts game I think against Motherwell. Talk about a run around that day!!! One of the guys with us was chucked out of the stand as the seat for which he had purchased a ticket from the ticket office was already occupied. Fond memories.

I enjoyed the cup match (Scottish or League) at Palmerston when Stevie Mallan scored a cracker at the Portland End. I think Dykstra was the Dundee United goalkeeper and they won 4-2.

The first Qos v Dundee Utd game I went to was the SC tie at Palmerston in early 1985. We had famously beat Stranraer 6-4 away in the previous round in my all time favourite game . Anyway, this Dundee United side was one of the finest I have ever seen at Palmerston , oozed class. Hegarty, Narey, Sturrock, Bannon , Dodds etc all great players . We went down 3-0 and fat Pat McCluskey was MOM if I remember correctly.

The second one I recall was a Skol ( League) Cup tie in Autumn 1986. A lovely evening and a cracking game . We played very well but undeservedly went down 1-0 . George Cloy missed the most important penalty of his career and we had a goal chalked off for offside that the Standard ( by way of photographs) proved wasn't.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)