+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Independence Day!

Friday time is party time, I say Friday time is party time ......................................

Is this the beginning of the end for the EU?

Those on the top table in Brussels are who I consider to be the "FIFA of politics". Those on the top table who claim £48k/annum in expenses that they don't even have to provide receipts for. Those on the top table who operate a closed shop, deciding our future with no form of recourse and those on the top table may well be quaking in their boots this morning, because this will have consequences far reaching, way and above whats happened to the UK this morning
    Last edited by blades58; 24-06-2016 at 06:25 AM.

I get the feeling you're slightly chuffed with the outcome 58..

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    Watched it all,i am just going to bed now at 05.14 seen the Leave total just eclipse the remain vote by a million votes.

Amazing fact tho,Liverpool,Manchester and Leeds all voted to Remain,while Sheffield voted Leave.

And all those money men in the City between 10pm and 11pm were lumping on Remain £ was $1.50 then its now dropped to $1.35 ooooops for them bankers.

Alex Sammond kept it lighthearted with his betting quotes direct off his mobile phone.

Independence Day for the UK
    Doesn't surprise me at all about the city votes.

Sheffield is light years behind those cities in terms of forward thinking attitudes. I blame the council largely but do think the archetypal Sheffield attitude supports them.

Liverpool was like that but has eventually seen the light. If we had been more progressive like them, didn't live in the past, you'd quite probably seen a different outcome here too.

I'm a 'Leave' myself, but I can't see much grounds for some huge celebration. I felt that it had to be done, but both routes were fraught with problems and we have chosen the more difficult of the two. Were we right? It will take us at 10 years to find out, imo.

I only hope for my kids sake that we don't end up regretting taking the advice of Johnson, Gove and Farage, none of whom I would pee on if they were on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by aussieowl View Post
    I get the feeling you're slightly chuffed with the outcome 58..
    Morning Aussie (or should that be evening? )

I'm not wallowing in it, no because I think we are about to have a period of time where there'll be a lot of heartache for this country

However, contrary to what the remain campaign have been saying regards voting in for the sake of our kids future, I believe that the tough times over the next few years will subside, we will adapt because we are good at doing that and that in 10 years time, we will look back at "Independance Day" and realise it was the right decision for this country and definately right for our kids.

Off to watch Inependance day at the cinema later on our Independence day

Been up all night and won't sleep for a week.

Empty bottle of Lagavulin in front of me and a feeling that I haven't felt since TC sat on the ball against Arsenal.

We've taken our club back and now we have taken our country back for our children and our grandchildren. It's now up to them what they do with it.

Rule Britannia.

UTB

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    I'm a 'Leave' myself, but I can't see much grounds for some huge celebration. I felt that it had to be done, but both routes were fraught with problems and we have chosen the more difficult of the two. Were we right? It will take us at 10 years to find out, imo.

I only hope for my kids sake that we don't end up regretting taking the advice of Johnson, Gove and Farage, none of whom I would pee on if they were on fire.
    I hear that FKB and share your concerns but I haven't voted based on the arguments of the unholy trio you mention, rather I have been much more interested in the likes of Frank Field and Gisella Stewart who have articulated very good reasons to leave for a long time. As you say, the road won't be easy but it's better to so it now and get the hard stuff out of the way before the EU gets even bigger and even more bureaucratic.

Just on my way back from Minorca myself, sat in Mahon airport and I have to say that there is a muted, somewhat shellshocked atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by toronto_blade View Post
    Empty suit Obama told the UK to remain,poking his nose in, none of his business.

I wonder what the Americans would do if Mexico could dictate to them.
    Obama stuck his nose in because of the contreversial TTIP agreement which was being steamrollered through by the EU, and in which big business was the main beneficiary. Probably steered by Merkel, Tusk, Hollande et al.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast