+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Independence Day!

Quote Originally Posted by 1066blade View Post
    It's being said that the old and the ignorant have created this dire situation, still, you won't be around to witness the damage will you. :-( Little Britain here we come. :-(
    Yeah there were plenty of sound bytes said by both camps that the weak-minded bought into. I suppose you wouldn't want to be seen as ignorant and easily led would you?

Quote Originally Posted by RavBlade View Post
    Not if you give the contracts to Bombadier they aren't. Like they SHOULD have done.
    Its a Canadian company with its manufacturing base in Germany.
    In 2004, due to overcapacity in the European passenger train industry, Bombardier announced a restructuring program resulting in the closure of several plants; in the UK, the bogie production site at Pride Park, Derby, Bombardier Prorail (Wakefield), and a maintenance facility in Doncaster were closed;

Te EU for me is a corrupt unelectable beaurocracy that does not work in my eyes, to be honest I have always been more pro eu than anti but after thinking long and hard decided enough was enough, I remember the butter mountain, milk lake, grain moutain and more, perfectly good food that eventually was destroyed because of stupid regulations and eu greed whilst in Africa esp in mid 80's thousands of people died of starvation and the eu just sat on it's arse counting beans, and it's damn well still happening now, how much fish do our trawler boys have to throw back over side dead because of the quotas or their size because of the eu when it could be used to help feed the poor here or elsewhere...

oh best tell the navy to get our gunboat (have we got one by the way?) ready for Iceland on Monday....
    I'll be private Walker....or the U-Boat commander (Phillip Madoc what an actor)

Motion of no confidence in Corbyn just been on news as I listen..
    UTB

Quote Originally Posted by diode_blade View Post
    Te EU for me is a corrupt unelectable beaurocracy that does not work in my eyes, to be honest I have always been more pro eu than anti but after thinking long and hard decided enough was enough, I remember the butter mountain, milk lake, grain moutain and more, perfectly good food that eventually was destroyed because of stupid regulations and eu greed whilst in Africa esp in mid 80's thousands of people died of starvation and the eu just sat on it's arse counting beans, and it's damn well still happening now, how much fish do our trawler boys have to throw back over side dead because of the quotas or their size because of the eu when it could be used to help feed the poor here or elsewhere...

oh best tell the navy to get our gunboat (have we got one by the way?) ready for Iceland on Monday....
    I'll be private Walker....or the U-Boat commander (Phillip Madoc what an actor)

Motion of no confidence in Corbyn just been on news as I listen..
    UTB
    Just how soon can we stop giving £150-£200 million pound a week to the EU and how quick can we put a tariff on cheap Chinese steel. We have taken back control and i am so pleased and proud to be English today

Quote Originally Posted by jqzblade View Post
    Its a Canadian company with its manufacturing base in Germany.
    In 2004, due to overcapacity in the European passenger train industry, Bombardier announced a restructuring program resulting in the closure of several plants; in the UK, the bogie production site at Pride Park, Derby, Bombardier Prorail (Wakefield), and a maintenance facility in Doncaster were closed;
    http://uk.bombardier.com/en/transpor...facturing.html

Still a big concern and employ thousands in both Derby and Belfast as well as around the UK. Contracts went to Siemens to build our trains in Germany.

http://uk.bombardier.com/en/transpor...facturing.html

Still a big concern and employ thousands in both Derby and Belfast as well as around the UK. Contracts went to Siemens to build our trains in Germany.
    Sorry fella, thought the UK operation was just about revamping the old London Underground and SE dilapidated old stock. Think your right about the new stuff though? Investment talks and if its cheaper or subsidised by other goverments we've not a prayer of resurrecting any of our manufacturing industries!

Not surprised Blockers. Thats what the MPs, of any party, does. Self serving the lot of them. Not represented the population for years.
    If Cameron and his cronie Osborn had treated the North of England the way he treated the affluent South, then maybe the outcome would have been different.

Quote Originally Posted by jqzblade View Post
    Sorry fella, thought the UK operation was just about revamping the old London Underground and SE dilapidated old stock. Think your right about the new stuff though? Investment talks and if its cheaper or subsidised by other goverments we've not a prayer of resurrecting any of our manufacturing industries!
    It just highlights the failures of past governments, both Labour & Tory, to invest and back our own manufacturing Industries. They'd sooner sell it off to the highest bidder to make quick easy money, and give contracts as sweetners to companies to invest here, rather than invest within. Just take the recent Steel crisis for instance, and recall its coverage and the comments that, due to EU regulation, the UK government couldn't help, or subsidise it (different story with the Banks for some reason but thats another topic). That would be a different story had their hands not been securely tied by EU regulation.

All the European players we sign over the next few years will need work permits now I guess. It's okay for you lot, most non-league players are British Nationals I'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Should start with renationalising our wonderful railways Ravvers

I'm up for that, I work for Network Rail!!!

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast