+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Independence Day!

Quote Originally Posted by RavBlade View Post
    According to a lot of Remain voters, and comments I've heard today, if you voted out, you're either racist, old, thick or ignorant oh and intolerant. It would appear, given said comments, it's somewhat the otherway around.
    We joined a Common Market, a body to ease trade between the biggest nations of Europe. I suspect many of us felt that we didn't agree to join was a Federal States of Europe, where our needs as a country were taking second place. Personally, the Transatlantic Trade Agreement, which if rumour is true is just an open licence for further globalisation (we don't know because they wont release any details of the discussion or the agreement, no details at all, v democratic eh?...) was the thing that pushed me into the leave camp. Having the last bits of our steel industry colapse under unfair product dumping from China,and being told we weren't allowed to do anything to help our industry or stop the imports didn't sit right either.

The other thing I reject totally is that because the leave vote was driven by older people that we've selfishly buggered up our kids. Has no-one thought that we voted this *because* of our kids future, and that a Prime Minister who called the vote to save his face, and a few Tory votes, then tried to scare us all into voting remain, wouldn't find us grey haired old b'stards quite the pushover he expected. We've seen his type before and we can smell the bull**** from a mile-off, Even he couldn't find one positive reason to stay, just 'If we leave, theses terrible things will happen'. Well I didn't believe them and a lot of others didn't either. I have faith in British people. We've demonstrated for hundreds of years that we are smart, resourceful, creative and adaptable, and although we will undoubtedly have some short term issues, we will not now be rolling over and dying in the wilderness, I'm sure of that.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    We joined a Common Market, a body to ease trade between the biggest nations of Europe. I suspect many of us felt that we didn't agree to join was a Federal States of Europe, where our needs as a country were taking second place. Personally, the Transatlantic Trade Agreement, which if rumour is true is just an open licence for further globalisation (we don't know because they wont release any details of the discussion or the agreement, no details at all, v democratic eh?...) was the thing that pushed me into the leave camp. Having the last bits of our steel industry colapse under unfair product dumping from China,and being told we weren't allowed to do anything to help our industry or stop the imports didn't sit right either.

The other thing I reject totally is that because the leave vote was driven by older people that we've selfishly buggered up our kids. Has no-one thought that we voted this *because* of our kids future, and that a Prime Minister who called the vote to save his face, and a few Tory votes, then tried to scare us all into voting remain, wouldn't find us grey haired old b'stards quite the pushover he expected. We've seen his type before and we can smell the bull**** from a mile-off, Even he couldn't find one positive reason to stay, just 'If we leave, theses terrible things will happen'. Well I didn't believe them and a lot of others didn't either. I have faith in British people. We've demonstrated for hundreds of years that we are smart, resourceful, creative and adaptable, and although we will undoubtedly have some short term issues, we will not now be rolling over and dying in the wilderness, I'm sure of that.
    Have a like young man

I love being branded as either old or bigoted or both.
    Maybe it's not the old buggering it up for the young maybe it's world wise experience taking precedent over whether it will be easy to study somewhere sunny.
    Maybe the Prime Minister should know better than to stand up in front of a proud group of nations like the UK and try to tell us we are too small, too weak, too poor and too stupid to govern ourselves.

I know we have our little differences now n again FKB, but that aside, that is a brillaint post. Have a like from me too.

Father.....you do indeed know best....wish I could this up on Facebook to counteract some of the absolute bo**ox being posted on there.....but then I would probably be lynched 😮

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    Father.....you do indeed know best....wish I could this up on Facebook to counteract some of the absolute bo**ox being posted on there.....but then I would probably be lynched ��
    Go on Aya, double dare ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    Father.....you do indeed know best....wish I could this up on Facebook to counteract some of the absolute bo**ox being posted on there.....but then I would probably be lynched ��
    The arrogance on the Facebook is astounding today. Let me paraphrase them.

You are naughty children who only had to choose answer A and everything would have been alright, but oh no, you chose answer B because you were stupid and that's why you are poor, because you are stupid, not like us because we are intelligent people who got the answer right, but there were more of you stupid people and you made the wrong choice, and now its a total disaster, and that's what happen when you ask stupid poor people to decide things that are above them. They get it wrong and mess it all up for us intelligent people.

Anyone would have thought we have voted for the UK to be dragged off into the middle of the Atlantic and sunk... Listen, we'll get over it, everyone will get over it. We'll adapt and find a new ways, its what the British are good at.

Quote Originally Posted by RavBlade View Post
    I wouldn't be averse to that at all Blockers. Aren't the best rail sytems in Europe subsidised by their respective governments? A tads ironic me thinks.
    I'm not an advocate of nationalising for the sake of it, but East Coast did a cracking job did't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Champagneblade View Post
    Is this the same Bob Crow who's main negotiating tool was to bring the Capital to a standstill every time the government wouldn't agree to pay increases of around 3 times the rate of inflation for London Underground drivers?

How is someone like him going to be able to unite the country?
    Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    That's the fella,who said anything about unite the country,I said someone like him to unite the left/working class,fantastic leader of men that I once had the privelege of meeting,Mick Cash is showing promising early signs,you don't mess with the RMT

Sadly missed is our Bob
    So you agree with holding the country to ransom and asking us to to dig into our pockets to pay for super-inflated pay claims demanded down the barrel of a gun?

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyEdge View Post
    At 42 do I qualify as the old or the ignorant?

Maybe it's more about how you view the world and maybe if the young put democracy and independence (the thing their grand-dads and great grand-dads gave their lives for) ahead of being able to study somewhere sunny, they might not be so quick to blame the old.

I find being labelled as either old or ignorant quite insulting.

I served 13 years in the forces, I saw first hand what happens when unaccountable people have power over the massed and I also saw first hand what happens when you put your security in the hands of the French and Italian armed forces. Not to mention a German armed forces that are made up of a chunk of national service and have zero operational experience.

Top post! Respect!

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast