+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Independence Day!

Quote Originally Posted by sharrowboy2 View Post
    All the European players we sign over the next few years will need work permits now I guess. It's okay for you lot, most non-league players are British Nationals I'd imagine.

Don't worry AP. I'm sure Chancer will be able to fast-track a few ladyboys through the back passage if they play in the right positions. That'll really make you lot bouncy wounce

Eventful couple of days. Britain breaks from the not fit for purpose EU to the expected threats, fear and bluster, that compulsive liar Cameron is culled by his own treacherous party and the supine right of centre liberals in Labour are stabbing Corbyn in the back for having the audacity to have allowed traditional Labour voters to make up their own minds.

Sturgeon turns my stomach, at a time when the UK needs as much stability and calm as it can to benefit us all this venomous opportunistic bigot is trying to start fires after losing two major referendums in the past year.

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    Did you get a vote Aussie?
    Apparently I could have Chips, I could have used my British passport to register for it then voted, I didn't know this until two days ago when I heard it on the news...I wouldn't have voted though mate, wouldn't have seemed right somehow...I did vote in 1975 though..

Quote Originally Posted by RavBlade View Post
    Does being a member of Tw@tter entitle you to a vote?
    Goo on Rav...gnash those teeth.

Democracy has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by aussieowl View Post
    Goo on Rav...gnash those teeth.
    You wish.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Don't worry AP. I'm sure Chancer will be able to fast-track a few ladyboys through the back passage if they play in the right positions. That'll really make you lot bouncy wounce

oooooooooooooo matron !

Quote Originally Posted by aussieowl View Post
    Apparently I could have Chips, I could have used my British passport to register for it then voted, I didn't know this until two days ago when I heard it on the news...I wouldn't have voted though mate, wouldn't have seemed right somehow...I did vote in 1975 though..
    If you had a vote would it be in or out mate?

Must admit I'm bitterly disappointed with the sour grapes being displayed throughout the country.

A petition that calls for another referendum and continue having them until you get a 75% turnout and a 60% result????? What planet are these people on?
    You are almost never, ever going to get a 75% turnout and this debate will never be 60-40 clear. It seems to me that the remain believers behind this petition simply want to create a scenario where exit cannot ever, ever win. What happened to democracy?

You could get 90-10 vote in favour of exit but it doesn't count if its 74.9% turnout? Likewise you could get 59-41 with a 75% turnout and it's still not valid, Absolutely crackers.

If the result had gone the other way people would be calling it the will of the people and moving on (apart from Farage).
    The truth is people got complacent and expected a remain win and wound up getting shocked and this is the knee jerk reaction.

On the other side of that I'm really annoyed at Sturgeon. Scotland didn't vote in or out of the EU, the whole of the United Kingdom voted out by majority. If you'd collected all the ballot boxes and counted them all in London we would have been none the wiser about which region voted which way, it was only done in regions for logistics purposes.
    The people of Scotland voted by a large majority (10%) to remain in the United Kingdom, they have gone into an EU referendum as part of the United Kingdom and the United Kingdom has voted to leave, it's that simple.

There is no way we can afford accommodate another referendum to suit the 5.5 million Scottish people (particularly when 55% of them voted to stay in the UK last time and 38% went along with the exit referendum this time) when we have to work to secure the future of all 60 million in the UK. In fact only 2.69 million Scots voted and only 1.66 million of them voted remain.

So at a time when uncertainty is the very worst thing for the whole country she wants to stir up another referendum on the strength of less than 2 million people. She is the Farage of Scotland, totally obsessed with just trying to get away from England. She's even talking of running off the EU this week to buy a back door ticket to get back in. How are the other countries trying to get into the EU going to react if and independent Scotland got a special treatment re-entry with no Schengen and no single currency?

She should be at the forefront of the negotiations with the whole of government fighting for the interests of the UK population and not chasing this self absorbed centralist agenda.

Another thing (before I put my soap box away). We are not alone.
    41% of the French would vote to leave going by recent polls.
    Sweden (since the Brexit vote) are believed to be 36-32 in favour of leave.
    58% of Italians want a referendum with the approximately half wanting to leave.
    54% of Dutch want a referendum.

I suspect the economy would have taken a bigger hit if we had stayed and other countries had pulled out first.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast