+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Independence Day!

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Anybody else stopped up all night?

We're nearly there. The sun is coming up. The glass of whisky is tasting so good.

COME ON!!

Sorry to tell you its all a big con we will NOT leave the EU. I repeat we will NOT leave the EU !

Quote Originally Posted by methven View Post
    Sorry to tell you its all a big con we will NOT leave the EU. I repeat we will NOT leave the EU !
    You Scottish then meth..

I repeat we will NOT leave the EU !
    Its been in all the papers. Surprised you missed it...

Bally
    ‏@steveballsufc

250,000 people voted in Sheffield on the EU referendum 600,000 of them were Wednesday fans

Made me chuckle that did!

I'm beggining to wonder after todays events,the Tories are already dispensing with the word Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    We joined a Common Market, a body to ease trade between the biggest nations of Europe. I suspect many of us felt that we didn't agree to join was a Federal States of Europe, where our needs as a country were taking second place. Personally, the Transatlantic Trade Agreement, which if rumour is true is just an open licence for further globalisation (we don't know because they wont release any details of the discussion or the agreement, no details at all, v democratic eh?...) was the thing that pushed me into the leave camp. Having the last bits of our steel industry colapse under unfair product dumping from China,and being told we weren't allowed to do anything to help our industry or stop the imports didn't sit right either.

The other thing I reject totally is that because the leave vote was driven by older people that we've selfishly buggered up our kids. Has no-one thought that we voted this *because* of our kids future, and that a Prime Minister who called the vote to save his face, and a few Tory votes, then tried to scare us all into voting remain, wouldn't find us grey haired old b'stards quite the pushover he expected. We've seen his type before and we can smell the bull**** from a mile-off, Even he couldn't find one positive reason to stay, just 'If we leave, theses terrible things will happen'. Well I didn't believe them and a lot of others didn't either. I have faith in British people. We've demonstrated for hundreds of years that we are smart, resourceful, creative and adaptable, and although we will undoubtedly have some short term issues, we will not now be rolling over and dying in the wilderness, I'm sure of that.
    Spot on FKB, spot on.

Don't forget we weren't allowed to fully roll out broadband because the EU said it was illegal state aid. ILLEGAL STATE AID? Pie locks! Better off out

I was watching an item on the BBC News over the weekend, just caught the end of it really. It was a woman journalist talking about Brexit, and she said, almost in these words, that the only reason people had voted to leave was because they were having a rotten life, but they didn't realise that we'd all made it worse for ourselves. My jaw didn't drop. it was hanging off. This is a fecking serious commentator, for Gods sake, not some chump in the street with a mic pushed in their face. Outside of S6, has there ever been such totally stunning arrogance and missing of the point? In fact, she even managed to make any oinker, even the rabid ones look realistic and considered.

The BBC particularly has focussed on racism and xenophobia as the main reasons why the leave voters went that way, and have taken the 'intelligent' high ground, as if no-one above 85 IQ could possibly want anything other than Remain. This is where the MP's and Blair and the rest are now angling, presumably to water down and delay the exit so they can keep the gravy train running as long as possible.

God bless these brave angels who are trying to save us poor racist fools from ourselves, while the intelligent ones happily go skipping on to greater federalisation where our country will end up run as a sub-state of a totalitarian bureaucracy, playing its full part in continued US globalisation, with an Armed force we don't control. God bless them all. Lovely...
    Last edited by FatherKnowsBest; 04-07-2016 at 07:53 AM.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213