Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
We joined a Common Market, a body to ease trade between the biggest nations of Europe. I suspect many of us felt that we didn't agree to join was a Federal States of Europe, where our needs as a country were taking second place. Personally, the Transatlantic Trade Agreement, which if rumour is true is just an open licence for further globalisation (we don't know because they wont release any details of the discussion or the agreement, no details at all, v democratic eh?...) was the thing that pushed me into the leave camp. Having the last bits of our steel industry colapse under unfair product dumping from China,and being told we weren't allowed to do anything to help our industry or stop the imports didn't sit right either.

The other thing I reject totally is that because the leave vote was driven by older people that we've selfishly buggered up our kids. Has no-one thought that we voted this *because* of our kids future, and that a Prime Minister who called the vote to save his face, and a few Tory votes, then tried to scare us all into voting remain, wouldn't find us grey haired old b'stards quite the pushover he expected. We've seen his type before and we can smell the bull**** from a mile-off, Even he couldn't find one positive reason to stay, just 'If we leave, theses terrible things will happen'. Well I didn't believe them and a lot of others didn't either. I have faith in British people. We've demonstrated for hundreds of years that we are smart, resourceful, creative and adaptable, and although we will undoubtedly have some short term issues, we will not now be rolling over and dying in the wilderness, I'm sure of that.
Have a like young man