+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Indy Mk II

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Gove and IDS have also came out and said it wasn't true.
    I believe Gove and IDS said exactly the same as they said in the campaign that £100M would be used for the NHS. They also explained at length during the campaign that £350M was the gross amount going to the EU. What is the gross amount if not £350M?

On the battle bus it said £350M sent to the EU. Let's fund our NHS.

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    I believe Gove and IDS said exactly the same as they said in the campaign that £100M would be used for the NHS. They also explained at length during the campaign that £350M was the gross amount going to the EU. What is the gross amount if not £350M?

On the battle bus it said £350M sent to the EU. Let's fund our NHS.

They knew what they were doing. You know what they were doing. How many votes do you think we're won on the back of it? I think the numbers pretty big.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnared View Post
    I suppose it's all about trying every last thing possible before the inevitable. The Unionist Union Jack lovers must be pissin pants about now.

I didn't vote in the brexit ref and virtually EVERYONE that I know that is an independence supporter like myself didn't bother to vote either as it was pretty pointless. I wonder how many Scottish 'leavers' stayed in the house on Thursday? Not phukin many I'd have thought.

The SNP are by far the largest supported party in Scotland. It stands to reason that a sizable percentage of people voting in the Brexit ref would have previously voted for the SNP at either Westminster or Hollyrood level. It might come as a surprise to some but it's a phukin no brainer to me. It's clutching at straws sh!t to suggest the relevance of that to a future Scottish independence referendum in my opinion.
    In fact, I'd go as far as saying the previous 2 posts are fuelled by said pant pissin.

6% swing was all that was required last time, the average voting age is getting younger....
    The size of the SNP is irrelevant, the same as it was in the last Indy ref. I know many people who voted for SNP, but don't want independence. I myself voted SNP, originally wanted independence, but have now changed my mind, though, I would still vote SNP in an election despite not supporting independence. As said a million times, a vote for SNP isn't a vote for independence and that was proved before.

Its very very naïve to believe independence is inevitable. The SNP are out there banging on about independence and entry in the EU, when in fact they haven't really looked at what the electorate want. As I said, just because 61% vote IN does not mean in any way that the very same 61% want independence and wouldn't necessarily support indy to get back into the EU. If an Indy ref was today, it could well be YES, but that's on the back of the current situation. In 18-24 months time the desire may well have worn off. Sturgeon has to go a long way to go in convincing the electorate that Scotland can definitely get back into the EU and the subject of the EU and currency is still at the forefront of peoples minds when it comes to independence. And just to add, its not pant pishing in any way.

We all know what they meant. Much like the pish about voting No to stay in the EU.

To be fair though I doubt the percentage of voters who actually voted leave would have done it on the back of that claim. More likely the mad racist Yorkshire folk just wanted their antiquated view of "Great Britain" back.

Just to add, if the SNP do get another referendum, which is likely, there will need to be two questions on the ballot. One for independence and a second conditional question related to independence on the EU. I cant see how a single question on independence will be enough.

On the subject of the EU, can one member not Veto an entry into the EU anyway? My guess would be if that is the case then Spain would likely veto it, on the basis of the Catalonian independence question. For them it could set a precedence.

Yes Stupie, they can and they will. Either way, it would take years to get back in.

I would rather see the first minister of Scotland actually start planning for how she can grow the economy and these should be the words coming out of her mouth. The country needs reassurance, not political grandstanding. This is having a negative impact on how the rest of the UK (by far our biggest trading partner) views Scotland. With the oil crisis in Aberdeen, would it be possible to use some of the money we wont be sending to the EU to help (for a change) our fishing community, look at the EU legislation stopping fishing and other industries thriving, perhaps subsidise the cost of purchasing boats etc. perhaps look at which countries outside the EU we should push first for trade deals which are in Scotland's interests (countries such as South Korea, Japan, Iceland, Mexico, Canada, The US and several others have already said they want trade deals with the UK now) and look at other ways we can boost the economy through trade. Trade with Norway, Iceland and Canada may well be our priorities. She should be pushing for this. Instead of the cutting of a potentially large economic sector such as fracking, perhaps we could take a grown up approach and see if we can swap out oil experience in the north sea into this area... in Scotland and elsewhere. Making a trade deal with the US on terms that promotes a resurgence in the silicon glen, this time perhaps around cloud computing. Silicon glen was allowed to die when other cheaper manufacturing basis became available. It along with the skills of those employees were lost. The list goes on and on. We have a great opportunity... unfortunately we will probably, yet again, miss out.

In this way, she would strengthen her case for independence, perhaps not in the next couple years but in the future. Her argument of grievance only gets so far, she needs to show action and a plan for the future which is based around replacing what has already been lost and growing the economy in different ways to fit in with the opportunity a world market provides us.

This is quite a good service you provide although you are a little slower than Google and there are not many results.

However, I will give you another chance as I need to buy a present for my niece.

Search "My Little Pony".

Disgusting, but sadly inevitable. Thankfully a minority among leave voters and certainly doesn't represent the majority of leave voters. Racists and Xenophobes have always existed, they just get the media attention unfortunately.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast