+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Indy Mk II

There won't be another indy ref, if Mrs Krankie lost she would be finished. Anyway if Scotland did vote for independence it wouldn't be in the EU anyway. No way countries like Spain would let us in because that would encourage independence for Catalunya.

Also Mrs Krankie still can't tell us what currency we would use after independence.

I voted No to indepenedence and out yesterday

That woman and her side kicks have only one aim in life and that is to break up the UK. Yesterday's vote was an all UK vote, the Nationalist leaders have hijacked the result for their own self-centred political aims. Shame on them for totally ignoring the democratic decision of the Nation at the Indy Ref, a referendum they called for and lost. They should get it into their thick skulls that they were elected to run the country, not to break it up.
    Election results are meaningless to them unless it goes their way. Democratic Party? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochead View Post
    That woman and her side kicks have only one aim in life and that is to break up the UK.
    There's a clue in the name of her Party. I think there's a better argument for a referendum now than before. As a champion of democracy, surely you'd welcome one?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    There's a clue in the name of her Party.
    It's the reason they exist. You'd think people would stop getting annoyed by that after all this time.

[QUOTE=Mason89;38177947]There's a clue in the name of her Party. I think there's a better argument for a referendum now than before. As a champion of democracy, surely you'd welcome one?

The question was asked in 2014 and the answer given as per democracy, Yesterday's question was asked off the whole of the UK and the answer given as per democracy.
    there is no reason for another vote, we voted to remain in the UK, Yesterday was a question for the UK as a whole.

[QUOTE=Aldo1983;38177951]It's the reason they exist. You'd think people would stop getting annoyed by that after all this time.[/QUOTE

They asked the question and were given an answer, later generations may think differently.

I just want them to do what they were elected to do and that is to manage the country.

The situations changed since 2014. If the referendums were the other way about, do you think it might've gone differently?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    The situations changed since 2014. If the referendums were the other way about, do you think it might've gone differently?
    I can't say with any certainty. With the benifit of hindsight we know that a lot of discussion was opened up regarding the euro, good or bad, would the Bank of England become the lender of last resort, that looked unlikely. Assuming we did not have that info at hand and we were going into a referendum on the back of the Euro result, those subjects would open up and a lot of claims and counterclaims would surface, then of course all the other arguments would surface. If I had to come down one way or another and only knowing how things went first time I think the result would be the same.
    Although I was always a no voter my resolve hardened with the knowledge that the Yes side had absolutely no idea what was happening regarding currency.

Today was a very good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnared View Post
    Today was a very good day.
    For Nigel Farage and Glastonbury maybe

Most of Scotland will view this as a terrible day but it will be seen as a pivotal moment in years to come.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast