+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Indy Mk II

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    A genuine question here. If the SNP do hold a referendum on independence, will they also have to add a 2nd conditional question on the ballot paper, for remaining/leaving the EU? So the question maybe word something like : If Scotland were to be come an independent country, would you want it to remain in the EU.

I just cant see how we can solely have a referendum on independence without also asking the question over the EU. Despite 61% voting for the EU, not all will vote for independence, therefore the % of the "leave" EU votes, coupled with "yes" for independence, could be higher than people may think. Either that or it could be two completely separate referendums?
    I believe it would have to be two referendums, last week's was for the UK, Scotland voted for the UK to remain, however we voted to remain in the UK in 2014 so it would seem reasonable to accept the result. If the question is to be asked of Scotland, it would have to be asked of Scotland as a separate entity from the UK. The SNP have succeed in brainwashing people into Treating Thursday's vote as a vote for Scotland on it's own, it was not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochead View Post
    I believe it would have to be two referendums, last week's was for the UK, Scotland voted for the UK to remain, however we voted to remain in the UK in 2014 so it would seem reasonable to accept the result. If the question is to be asked of Scotland, it would have to be asked of Scotland as a separate entity from the UK. The SNP have succeed in brainwashing people into Treating Thursday's vote as a vote for Scotland on it's own, it was not.
    Nobody brainwashes more people!e than Westminster its what they are good at.
    We aren't brainwashed we want change. And we will vote for it this time .

My wife's a staff nurse the Europeans who work where she is are angry and scared after being taken out the EU they voted no the last and won't vote no again they feel conned .now how many EU citizens are there living and working in Scotland 200.000 ish I'm led to believe..

Quote Originally Posted by Buc View Post

My wife's a staff nurse the Europeans who work where she is are angry and scared after being taken out the EU they voted no the last and won't vote no again they feel conned .now how many EU citizens are there living and working in Scotland 200.000 ish I'm led to believe..
    Buc, I was referring to last week's UK vote, the SNP are using it as a Scotland only vote and using it to brainwash. The fact is that it was a UK vote.
    Regarding EU Nationals working here, has there been any mention of asking them to leave? Was there ever any mention of member countries being in the EU for all time? Every member state has the right to leave or stay if they so desire, the UK has decided to leave. Having a referendum on the EU was on the cards before the vote on Scotland leaving the UK. So please explain to me, in what way was anyone conned. I do not remember any suggestion of there being some sort of tie up between our 2014 vote and remaining in the EU.

We have had the vote, decision made, no matter whether the result went for or against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Buc View Post

I certainly don't dispute the fact Scotland wants change after last weeks vote, but for me that doesn't guarantee both independence and the EU in the way the SNP think. I have voted SNP my whole voting life and I voted Yes in the last referendum. What annoys me about this is that somehow the vote gives the SNP a new mandate on independence with the EU just coupled into it. Yes, the Scottish public as a whole voted to stay in the EU, but that doesn't mean that it will transfer into Yes votes for independence. Its two separate issues, the EU is one and independence is the other, and both need to be treated as such.

The SNP's current stance is that 61% voted remain, so we should have an independence referendum... I say why? ... and of that 61%, how many would vote for independence? The publics votes will be diluted further. You have the YES and IN voters, YES and OUT voters, NO and IN voters and NO and OUT voters. Im not sure that the SNP will get the result they hope, but whether they do or not, my main gripe is why isn't the EU being treated as a separate issue? the EU perspective could change in an independent Scotland, so should therefore be asked separately. Just my opinion on the matter.

Last night couldnt have been any better for that beaut Sturgeon. Its pretty much got independence for her. Which was inevitable.

I liked the picture sneckie painted regarding a slim remain majority. I think that would've helped the independence movement more than a Brexit. It would've also been hilarious.

There won't be another indy ref, if Mrs Krankie lost she would be finished. Anyway if Scotland did vote for independence it wouldn't be in the EU anyway. No way countries like Spain would let us in because that would encourage independence for Catalunya.

Also Mrs Krankie still can't tell us what currency we would use after independence.

I voted No to indepenedence and out yesterday

That woman and her side kicks have only one aim in life and that is to break up the UK. Yesterday's vote was an all UK vote, the Nationalist leaders have hijacked the result for their own self-centred political aims. Shame on them for totally ignoring the democratic decision of the Nation at the Indy Ref, a referendum they called for and lost. They should get it into their thick skulls that they were elected to run the country, not to break it up.
    Election results are meaningless to them unless it goes their way. Democratic Party? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochead View Post
    That woman and her side kicks have only one aim in life and that is to break up the UK.
    There's a clue in the name of her Party. I think there's a better argument for a referendum now than before. As a champion of democracy, surely you'd welcome one?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    There's a clue in the name of her Party.
    It's the reason they exist. You'd think people would stop getting annoyed by that after all this time.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast