+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Indy Mk II

Name:  get.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  80.7 KB

The Mail on Sunday

whore selling her drug mule story

There's no valid reason for voting No in an independance referendum.

None whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    There's no valid reason for voting No in an independance referendum.

None whatsoever.
    Having voted no then leave there is no reason for me to change my mind, I understand you feeling passionate about your believes but you have got to realise others will hold different opinions. Some people fail to understand why others can think differently, Trump is the perfect example, many millions see him as the USA's knight in shining armour while others see an idiot.
    Simply different opinions.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    Name:  get.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  80.7 KB
    We haven't had a Mail troll for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochead View Post
    Having voted no then leave there is no reason for me to change my mind, I understand you feeling passionate about your believes but you have got to realise others will hold different opinions. Some people fail to understand why others can think differently, Trump is the perfect example, many millions see him as the USA's knight in shining armour while others see an idiot.
    Simply different opinions.
    Rochead, do you honestly not think the UK is dead in the water? For me, there is such a divide between Scotland and England now that separation is the only outcome. I think the damage has been done now and cannot be reversed. There will be a new referendum at some point fairly soon and I think you will see the English will not be trying quite so hard to keep us this time around and believe the Labour party will come out is support of separation.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    We haven't had a Mail troll for a while.
    The EU is a sinking ship, it is holed below the waterline by the Euro.

The UK has launched the lifeboats and Scotland should be in them.

The EU will die in the next couple of Years we have just opened the door for the French, Dutch etc to do the same and they will.
    Scotland is in a much worse position for Independence than we were 2 Years ago, oil has crashed and will never provide the revenues it has in the past, unemployment is up and the economy is in a poorer place and the population is still ageing more so than most of Europe. Our deficate has got worse, again it is the worst in Europe. The SNPdon't care about any of this as there one and only goal is Independance no matter how they get it. Our trade with the EU is 12 billion, but with the rest of the U.K. It is worth 46 billion

Quote Originally Posted by ForestHills View Post
    I voted Yes for the last Indy ref but people are getting carried away this time thinking its a stick on.

The situation has now changed a lot and most of the people saying they will vote Yes this time around will soon change their opinions once the options start to come clear.

Last time: Scotlands largest export market (England) would have also been in the EU this time we are actually voting to separate from that completely. My company sells mostly to England like a majority of Scottish companies.

Also We could have pegged to the £ in the past so not as to have to take the awful Euro - if we want into the EU this time its Euro or nothing. The Euro is a disaster and on top of that will only survive with a financial and political European Union. This is why Spain and Greece are stuck with 50% youth unemployment..they dont have the tools to change things like Iceland did after the banking crisis.

Basically wed swapping being partially run by Westminster & Edinburgh to an almost fake Scottish parliament with Brussels/Euro bank in the driving seat (Basically Germany). This is the plan - which is why this Brexit was always going to happen sooner or later. It will be interesting to see if they still try and force it on the current EU countries.

If things play out as I expect I will probably vote No this time. Id rather have lots of power in Edinburgh overseen by Westminster with free trade with our biggest customer than a tiny % of a European superstate.

Also other positives out of this are we will get more Trade Deals with other Countries than the EU has. The French for example continually veto the deals to protect their farmers etc - like the US deal. Trying to get 27 countries to agree a deal with an potential trade partner is impossible.

Its not all bad but it could be a rocky few months/years. I dont feel jumping back into the EU in its current form is a good idea tho.

My ideal scenario is the EU come to the UK with some revised options and a 2nd EU vote is taken but the EU is like my Ex-wife - they dont negotiate on their grand plan - and its what will be their downfall. We got out early I think.
    Nail on the head for me.

Indy referendum with Oil at $50 a barrel and proposing to join the economic basket case that is the Eurozone?

Aye good luck with that

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast