+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Indy Mk II

Indy Mk II

Even though the dust hasn't settled on the EU Ref, Nicola is already pledging a second referendum in 2 years time. So whats your thoughts? would you vote differently this time or the same, does what happened last night change your mind at all?

Heres where i stand.

Voted Yes in indy ref.
    Voted Out Last night.
    Indy Ref 2 ... still undecided... depends if there is another EU ref separate for Scotland or not.

Im all for democracy, so to vote 'No' in the indy ref was the voice of people and again last night, it was the voice of the people. Because we had voted to remain in the UK, the outcome of last nights referendum effected everyone. Thats what happens in a democratic union and those who voted no in 2014 indy ref, cant complain about last nights result going against the Scottish vote.

it'll be 60:40 or more to leave the UK

Nicola Sturgeon says EU result is "democratically unacceptable" for Scots and represents "a material change" for Scotland in the UK.

And she's not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Grantland View Post
    it'll be 60:40 or more to leave the UK

Nicola Sturgeon says EU result is "democratically unacceptable" for Scots and represents "a material change" for Scotland in the UK.

And she's not wrong.
    That said, do you agree that because we voted to remain in the UK, that we have to accept that this was a UK decision and Scotlands vote is only part of the overall decision? Like i said, i was an "YES" indy voter, but we reap what we sow. We, as in Scotland, chose to stay part of a democratic union and as such, we make decisions like these as a union, therefore nullifying any form of supposed separation on this vote.

I have no desire for indie ref #2. Especially one that is to leave the UK and join the EU. Fvck that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skacel View Post
    I have no desire for indie ref #2. Especially one that is to leave the UK and join the EU. Fvck that.
    This is how I am feeling at the moment. Im feeling stuck between a rock and a hard place, with the SNP wanting indy and the EU membership. Thing is, i dont want the EU membership, but i originally voted for Indy, so its a difficult one.

Indyref2 will happen, no doubt it and this time Scotland will gain it's independence

Cameron wants out the door as he can see that this is obvious.

Last night couldnt have been any better for that beaut Sturgeon. Its pretty much got independence for her. Which was inevitable.

I liked the picture sneckie painted regarding a slim remain majority. I think that would've helped the independence movement more than a Brexit. It would've also been hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    That said, do you agree that because we voted to remain in the UK, that we have to accept that this was a UK decision and Scotlands vote is only part of the overall decision? Like i said, i was an "YES" indy voter, but we reap what we sow. We, as in Scotland, chose to stay part of a democratic union and as such, we make decisions like these as a union, therefore nullifying any form of supposed separation on this vote.
    You abide by the democratic will of the people.
    100%

But what this has done is hand the Krankie everything she needs to call a second indyref and win, a lot of no votes in 14 would have been because they wanted to stay in the EU (which was in no way guaranteed under independence) now, well they are being pulled out so it will change votes.
    Might change a few the other way but not many.
    The vote in Scotland last night would essentially the way a second indyref would get at a minimum.

I voted Yes for the last Indy ref but people are getting carried away this time thinking its a stick on.

The situation has now changed a lot and most of the people saying they will vote Yes this time around will soon change their opinions once the options start to come clear.

Last time: Scotlands largest export market (England) would have also been in the EU this time we are actually voting to separate from that completely. My company sells mostly to England like a majority of Scottish companies.

Also We could have pegged to the £ in the past so not as to have to take the awful Euro - if we want into the EU this time its Euro or nothing. The Euro is a disaster and on top of that will only survive with a financial and political European Union. This is why Spain and Greece are stuck with 50% youth unemployment..they dont have the tools to change things like Iceland did after the banking crisis.

Basically wed swapping being partially run by Westminster & Edinburgh to an almost fake Scottish parliament with Brussels/Euro bank in the driving seat (Basically Germany). This is the plan - which is why this Brexit was always going to happen sooner or later. It will be interesting to see if they still try and force it on the current EU countries.

If things play out as I expect I will probably vote No this time. Id rather have lots of power in Edinburgh overseen by Westminster with free trade with our biggest customer than a tiny % of a European superstate.

Also other positives out of this are we will get more Trade Deals with other Countries than the EU has. The French for example continually veto the deals to protect their farmers etc - like the US deal. Trying to get 27 countries to agree a deal with an potential trade partner is impossible.

Its not all bad but it could be a rocky few months/years. I dont feel jumping back into the EU in its current form is a good idea tho.

My ideal scenario is the EU come to the UK with some revised options and a 2nd EU vote is taken but the EU is like my Ex-wife - they dont negotiate on their grand plan - and its what will be their downfall. We got out early I think.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast