+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Trump Thread

How does he get off with this sh1t? Telling so many lies and a hell of a lot of Shermans still think he's the answer to all their problems!

http://www.boreme.com/posting.php?id=45923

Quote Originally Posted by gervaise_brookhampst View Post
    How does he get off with this sh1t? Telling so many lies and a hell of a lot of Shermans still think he's the answer to all their problems!

http://www.boreme.com/posting.php?id=45923
    I am not sure the majority of Americans who will either vote for Trump or the many democrats who will abstain and not vote think Trump is the answer to the many problems in America. It is more to do with who they don't want as their President and on that front Clinton will probably (as it stands right now) lose in November even when she will outspend Trump by tens of millions throughout the campaign.

I think both candidates are pretty loathsome. However, if you watch this video you will see why many Americans have had enough of the Clintons.

Trump is a self publicist, fantasist, bully and many other things, but the Clintons are probably corrupt to the highest degree.

I dony thin many Americans give a phuk about corruption. They give a phuk about guns, Mexican walls and muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnared View Post
    I dony thin many Americans give a phuk about corruption. They give a phuk about guns, Mexican walls and muslims.
    But the Mexicans are wanting to vote Trump. I work with one (hes a Texican)and he says all his friends are in the same boat. The support for Trump round him is huge and there is a massive Mexican community there.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnared View Post
    That is the media's take on it certainly, however, the tea party/Trump on the right and the Bernie followers on the left are all about the winners and losers from globalisation and Washington (which is seen as corrupt with politicians being bought with money from big business etc). Guns, walls and muslims certainly add colour to the media debate but without the first part a minority of people would vote based on those issues.

It is not just the Republicans chanting send her to jail... it was Democrats at their convention. That is Democrats shouting for their would be Democratic President to be sent to prison. Amazing really but shows the depth of feeling right across the political spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    But the Mexicans are wanting to vote Trump. I work with one (hes a Texican)and he says all his friends are in the same boat. The support for Trump round him is huge and there is a massive Mexican community there.
    I do not think the polls are correctly reflecting his support in the US. I think he will win the popular vote but due to the electoral process he needs to win certain swing states. These tend to have lots of blue collar workers that have typically voted Democrat that do not see much immigration but have seen lots of manufacturing jobs go to countries such as Mexico. His anti free trade messaging plays very well in these states whereas a vote for Clinton is a vote for the status quo. There is not much passion for the status quo in the US especially in these states.

However, Trump has a big task on his hands converting some of these states as well as winning some key states (where demographics are changing) such as Florida.

On balance I tend to agree with Michael Moore on this subject and Trump will win (all things remaining equal). Given that he will be outspent massively in these key states and the Democrats will have tens of thousands of people on the ground to Trump tens it will be remarkable if he did.

I am glad I am not over there... pretty depressing stuff whichever way it goes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michae..._11156794.html
    Last edited by Getintaethem; 27-07-2016 at 09:12 AM. Reason: moore not more

"I am glad I am not over there... pretty depressing stuff whichever way it goes"

Aye but would we not say that regardless of who was running.

It's when the biggest laughs are reserved for 'our' politicians, that you know things are really phuked up

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I think you'll find the vast majority of Mexicans do not support Trump.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast