+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2.5 Million in Petition...........EU

Quote Originally Posted by bladesman1989 View Post
    You are always certain of an intelligent debate with SBT, he's such a wordsmith and is always sympathetic to people who disagree with his bigoted views.
    Guess so. Whereas those right thinking,liberal Scottish football fans who utterly despise and reject sectarianism....

Last time I looked the UK was a democracy which extended to freedom of thought. My thought is I`d love to see the back of Scotland and an end to the Lothian issue.
    You don`t.
    Fine.
    But don`t confuse contrary opinion with crap like racism or bigotry. Makes you look a plantpot. Like the other plantpot.

Bit of a plot twist here, this petition was raised and started by a leave campaigner anticipating a remain vote....

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...b0232d331e1b39

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Guess so. Whereas those right thinking,liberal Scottish football fans who utterly despise and reject sectarianism....

Last time I looked the UK was a democracy which extended to freedom of thought. My thought is I`d love to see the back of Scotland and an end to the Lothian issue.
    You don`t.
    Fine.
    But don`t confuse contrary opinion with crap like racism or bigotry. Makes you look a plantpot. Like the other plantpot.
    I rest my case

Quote Originally Posted by bladesman1989 View Post
    I rest my case
    Difficult to rest what you don`t have.

The referendum campaign was driven by lies and scare tactics on both sides. It is however done and dusted,fish and chip paper.
    No doubt the he said,she said will rage on fuelled by those with nothing to say that moves things forward.
    Hopefully others from all sides of the political debate will actually formulate a path that reflects the wishes of the majority.
    That`s democracy.

I have to say I think the race card was played rather early in this thread. And rather pathetically too.

Nice generalisation of Yorkshire folk all being small minded though. Your mask slipped there mate.

No one like the working classes for the self proclaimed "superior" pseudo intellectuals to despise and blame when things don't go there way. Democracy is sacrosanct apart from when it doesn't suit them. Where you aware of the promise of an EU referendum during the Independence campaign?

Have another referendum. Vote for the break up. The economic reality is Sturgeon feels there will be more handouts from the EU than the UK and well there may be. It'll still be like Greece five years after leaving, but without the nice weather.
    Last edited by Holden_C; 26-06-2016 at 05:46 PM.

Not sure they realise they have to put more in than what they get back H

I'm with Sbt on the scotch front more than happy for them and n Ireland to go it alone England has lost its identity this century imo and I'm all for getting it back I've always been English 1st and British 2nd that's not being racist just proud of my roots (actually knock those other 2 back a couple cos I'm a blade 1st and a yorkishireman 2nd)

Quote Originally Posted by XabiOrbaiz View Post
    With respect, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Scotland voted No to Independence on the premise of remaining within the EU, I myself included. The UK which people voted to remain in has changed significantly for the worse as a result of Thursdays vote.

The people of Scotland definitely view themselves as part of the European Union, Thursdays results highlight this. Yet as always, our vote doesn't matter and we get what England votes. This is undemocratic. This union is broken and we want no more of it. There will be another referendum on Scottish Independence within 2 years and I fully hope that this time we take control of our own destiny.

UTB
    I take it you are only speaking on behalf of the 60%+ who voted "in"?
    Don't be too sure that this lot will want to join the EU at a future date and having to accept the Euro.
    It will cost Scotland too much IMO.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123