+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: o/t Muse at Glasto

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    This video kind of backs up your theory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_4oM36Ht1A
    No it doesn't. That's a live TV performance which are often not played live (unless it's on Jools Holland or something like that). Things like that are extremely common and not reflective of an actual live performance in any shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Stick a short video of you playing Reapers or something similar on here then. We don't have to see your ugly mug.
    Google "muse live backing track"

Thousands worldwide could be sued.

"Muse make increasing use of backing tracks when performing live. This is a recorded track that the band play along to in order to add extra layers to their music which cannot be played by only three people. "

"The most successful stadium bands rely on technical enhancements. Muse and Coldplay are believed to use playback systems to reproduce their recordings’ swelling strings. Some artists sequence a backing to their video-screen and light show, squeezing the potential for any spontaneity"

Do you remember Coldplay at Glastonbury when they all downed tools and walked to the front of the stage at the end of the set....and the music continued?

I will ask you the question again. Watch Muse again at Glastonbury on iPlayer and explain to me the camera shots when Bellamy is playing guitar.

On a similiar note..did anyone watch the England v Iceland game?

The England players weren't actually playing football

Geet, I'll watch it after I've watched you play Reapers, that's a promise.

I appear to have upset SOTA by dishing the dirt on his heroes. The three bands are Coldplay, Muse and Keane. I suspect that everyone in the world knew that it was Memorex and not 100% live apart from SOTA. How much was Memorex and how much was live is open for debate.

lol Geet, stop wasting time on here and get practicing for your video.

It's no secret that Muse and many others use backing tracks and other devices like a click track to create a sound that's close to what you here on an album. However, I wouldn't go quite as far as to say Bellamy is a fraud as Geeterman suggested in his first post: unlike Millivanilli, I believe he was competent enough to create the music in the first place and, while he doesn't come out and state it openly, he knows that large numbers of people know and doesn't as far as I'm aware try to deny it.

Having said that though, I do agree that it is ultimately inauthentic music and that people who go to hear Muse 'live' should not be under any illusions they are hearing them play everything that is coming into the auditorium. How much of it is a genuine desire to create a good show at any cost and how much of it is that Bellamy just isn't up to the job as a guitarist and massively needs this enhancement while he ponces around on stage is hard to judge. I think Bellamy is a better arranger than guitarist but he's not too shabby as an instrumentalist either. (I heard him play the beginning of the classical piece "Recuerdos de Alhambra" by Tarrega on a recorded interview and he made a fairly good job of a fairly challenging item - always assuming it was him playing, of course!)

Sota, it isn't hard to google around a bit to find out that Geetarman is a very competent professional guitarist. I've no idea if he could play the piece you suggest, but he does know his stuff. (There was a bit of an irony in you suggesting he didn't need to include a headshot when he was playing. That would bring us right back to the Matt Bellamy question about authenticity. How would we know it was Geetarman!!)

CT, let's judge Geet's guitar playing when he posts his video. I'm fortunate enough to have seen Muse play live to crowds of 60 000, 10 000..... and just a few hundred, warts and all. They learned their trade the right way and have probably played as many gigs as anyone their age out there.

This thread was started as a big shout out to Chris, a Millers nut and a lovely bloke, who mentions RUFC at the slightest excuse in his interviews. I suppose slagging off the successful is something we Brits are very good at.

They are doing a gig at the Eiffel Tower tomorrow, let's hope it's not really at Blackpool instead eh.

lol. I have to say that you deciding that I am ugly because I dared to question the ethics of people paying to go to Glastonbury to watch live music when in fact they are not watching live music is the act of of a five year old. Surely the Glastonbury goers should be suing the bands.

Just to explain what a click track is you set a click in midi at whatever tempo...80bpm..100bpm...120bpm

There are several ways to use it. It ensures that every time the song is at the same tempo every time that you play it. The simplest is that the drummer triggers the midi click which can me routed just to his monitor (or in ear monitors) which is what I prefer because I don't have a problem with the beat or to everyones monitor. Let the drummer maintain it, and if he still needs it, he ain't a very good drummer.

CT I have not played pro for 10 years. Now I play for fun.

Have you ever been on a stage sota? I suspect not.

I know what a click track is and using one is hardly faking guitar playing is it? You're getting desperate now fella. Show us your guitar work, you handsome devil.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast