+ Visit Preston North End FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Proud Preston - my Ass the council are turning it into a dump

So your having a good run in the FL Cup eh Tops. Most teams dont seem to care anymore about the old FL Cup do they, so good luck in it. (Northampton put us out at Oakwell after extra time and then they put West Brom out in the next round as well. I did want them to put Manure out last night to be honest!)

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    So your having a good run in the FL Cup eh Tops. Most teams dont seem to care anymore about the old FL Cup do they, so good luck in it. (Northampton put us out at Oakwell after extra time and then they put West Brom out in the next round as well. I did want them to put Manure out last night to be honest!)
    Yeah think we all did. Well a cup run for us is just about maybe makin a few quid against a big team, but the way we're playing this season its also about trying to get things right too, and we certainly did that against BORINGMOUTH. It's Newcastle next so maybe the fat Spanish waiter will put an end to our chances with all his millionaires in cheap sports kits.

Ohh so you've got Manuel Delgado and Newcastle in the next round eh ?
    Ive got no time whatsoever for a lucky team like Bournemouth, they have bought their current position and hopefully they will go back down to where they should be.... the Champship or even Lg One.

Quote Originally Posted by northendrtops View Post
    I agree especially the money they are on, but that said even tho the Danish lad at PNE got a hat trick against Bournemouth, I bet any money he doesn't feature against Wigan tomorrow evening, they'll use the excuse that he just played 120minutes on Tuesday.
    Quite probable. The poorest excuse was your mob the other year moaning about having to travel to away games down south mid week.

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Quite probable. The poorest excuse was your mob the other year moaning about having to travel to away games down south mid week.
    I was wrong the big Dane did play, 3 points only just. The worst clubs for us for us to travel too are Leeds and Sheff wed as the tickets are ridiculous, a family of 4 could well shell out £200 on a day out...who can afford that week in week out? working mans game..not any more

I was wrong the big Dane did play, 3 points only just. The worst clubs for us for us to travel too are Leeds and Sheff wed as the tickets are ridiculous, a family of 4 could well shell out £200 on a day out...who can afford that week in week out? working mans game..not any more
    I agree, the pricing structure and philosophy at Bradford is better; cheap cheap cheap fills the ground - check out their gates even mid week. Leeds has been pricey for a while now, I haven't been able to get there for personal reasons the last few seasons and always struggle with the tight seating anyway. Best ground I have been to of late is MK Dons I actually sat through both halves in relative comfort.

Thats a good question Tops, its a shame that this boards isnt more busy because Ive no problem with Preston and would like to chat with more of their/your fans.

Whatever happened to Gards, he was a good Preston fan on here but he seems to have disappeared ?
    sorry Acido I am back and wont leave you again my Tyke friend. Good to see you lot back in the championship and a good solid start to boot

there definitely should be a cap on charging away from home as the likes of Leeds & Sheff Wed at £30 plus is just not worth it and would rather just stick to the home games if thats the case.

Yes Gards we we're doing brilliant at one point, we were up to 2nd a while back but 1 draw and 6 losses in 7 knocked us down to mid table before last weeks surprise win at Brentford.

Yes Gards we we're doing brilliant at one point, we were up to 2nd a while back but 1 draw and 6 losses in 7 knocked us down to mid table before last weeks surprise win at Brentford.
    that win at Brentford was an absolute stonker as they are generally rock solid at home and sh1te away. Watched the highlights of your game on C5 and you defo did a jobh on them and kept them down to minimul chances. I liked heckingbottom on the show as well and seemed to talk a lot of sense.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)