+ Visit Preston North End FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: England....

England....

I am a big England fan normally and always look forward to the big tournaments and the finals etc. however with the recent goings on and the really poor showing in the Euro's I am well and truly focused on club football and thats a shame as generally a semi successful England side boosts club football.

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE View Post
    I am a big England fan normally and always look forward to the big tournaments and the finals etc. however with the recent goings on and the really poor showing in the Euro's I am well and truly focused on club football and thats a shame as generally a semi successful England side boosts club football.
    Just watching it - I concur with your sentiment, I think they have let us down as a nation. Though in fairness Sturidge,s goal wasn't too bad.

Its that age old club v country row again Gards and it wont ever go away. I DO support England as well and this is despite the fact that they have let me and all of us down in tournaments so many times now.
    As for the match, shame on the Jocks for wearing shocking pink against us at Wembley. They deserved a minus 1 goal start just for that!! We did deserve the win in the end but if they had taken any of their chances when it was only 1-0, then who knows eh. And I really cant understand the need for yet another 'friendly' this week as Spain come to Wembley.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Its that age old club v country row again Gards and it wont ever go away. I DO support England as well and this is despite the fact that they have let me and all of us down in tournaments so many times now.
    As for the match, shame on the Jocks for wearing shocking pink against us at Wembley. They deserved a minus 1 goal start just for that!! We did deserve the win in the end but if they had taken any of their chances when it was only 1-0, then who knows eh. And I really cant understand the need for yet another 'friendly' this week as Spain come to Wembley.
    I agree about the friendly as the World Cup qualifiers are coming thick and fast anyway. The defence is the main worry as our attacking and Midfield is ok. A decent team would definitely have fun with our back four that's for sure however surely that should improve in the next lot of games with Southgate's pedigree as a defender.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)