+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If there is a second EU referendum

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    And the end of the day we had a vote to stay or leave. We voted, the votes were counted and the leave vote won.

Now all we have to do is stick together into making this work for all of us!
    Spot on...

And the end of the day we had a vote to stay or leave. We voted, the votes were counted and the leave vote won.

Spot on MOP.
    Leavers, stop crying, Politicians stop crying, Students stop crying.
    Done, we move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Spot on MOP.
    Leavers, stop crying, Politicians stop crying, Students stop crying.
    Done, we move on.
    Yes I realise that , but who moves us on and when. Both Boris and Nigel have admitted to using made up and false information in the referendum. The three main political parties plus The Greens and the SNP were all in the remain camp, so there will have to be a General Election so that those who strongly in favour of leaving can be elected can put their minds to working out on how are to leave and survive after. On top of all that the referendum result might now mean that Ireland might now become reunified,Scotland leave the UK and London go down the Federal path and declare itself a separate state within the UK but still in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Akwesasne View Post
    Yes I realise that , but who moves us on and when. Both Boris and Nigel have admitted to using made up and false information in the referendum. The three main political parties plus The Greens and the SNP were all in the remain camp, so there will have to be a General Election so that those who strongly in favour of leaving can be elected can put their minds to working out on how are to leave and survive after. On top of all that the referendum result might now mean that Ireland might now become reunified,Scotland leave the UK and London go down the Federal path and declare itself a separate state within the UK but still in Europe.
    IMO if there is a general election before Christmas, we will see the emergence of UKIP as a real parliamentary force. From the stats I've seen (real ones from ONS etc not made up ones), traditional labour supporters are disproportionately concerned about immigration and sovereignty, and if in the past they've voted labour in the hope that they share their views, a) their current leader doesn't and b) the labour party is a shambles anyway and stands little chance of recovery this year. So they'll vote for the party who share their concerns most strongly, and tada! along comes Nigel Farage waving his little UK flag.

Incidentally, regarding 'independance'for parts of the UK, Scotland has a fairly easy route to referendum, Northern Ireland has a much more difficult route (or at least a much higher bar to reach) and London has no route, so that sums up the likelihood, again IMO and with no leanings either way
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 29-06-2016 at 02:08 PM.

Understand the sentiment MoP but just explain to me how, in a 'two horse race' you can 'win' with fractionally over 36% of the vote. How can that ever be democratic?
    Just got home today and found a 'Leave' flyer amongst my post (along with the rain all I 'kin needed!). It says 'Let's give our NHS the £350 million the EU takes every week'. Honestly...how misleading can you get? I know virtually all politicians have little concept of the truth but this is the granddaddy of them all. If a company sold something with a slogan as misleadingly untrue as that they'd have to provide compensation or find themselves in court.
    Understand the disillusionment with the EU and the frustration at some of the breathtaking arrogance on display, though frankly Farage take some beating in the 'arrogance' stakes, but is standing on the outside the answer? Change from within surely.
    Finally, Angry...take your point about the 'thugs' comment although I do feel it was born of frustration at seeing England fans disgrace themselves again. Your point about not hearing anything on here about the referendum prior to the result is a tad unfair though seeing as you told me to 'keep my political ****e off a football forum' when it was first mentioned.

a second vote is on the road to anarchy

Quote Originally Posted by southernram22 View Post
    a second vote is on the road to anarchy
    No...allowing ourselves to be led down the road to ruin by a minority who were misled by lies is the route to 'anarchy', southern...and financial chaos and an upsurge in hate crime are the first symptoms.

True story overheard in a shop two hours ago.
    Elderly Lady 1. Did you manage to vote in that referendum thing last week?
    Elderly Lady 2. No...didn't really understand it so I didn't bother. Did you?
    Elderly Lady 1. Yes, I did actually...I mean I didn't actually understand it either but I thought I'd vote 'Leave'...I thought I might as well, thought it's time for a change.

...and so it begins!

im sure all 17 million more than the remain camp most of who understood the meaning of the word stay or leave. i did its the remain camp who have refused to accept the result of a democratic result. so ramanag if the next general election goes wrong way for your party do we have another one till party you like gets elected ? my view is if they didnt want to be democratic why let us vote at all. and i think the remain camp should shut up whining accept defeat and move on. funny how the financial markets have rebounded despite mr osbornes scaremongering.

I wonder if these threads would have been the same if remain had won. Would they be saying. Poo this is too close to be right, what about the people who never voted.. We only won with 36% of the vote.. Cameron lied to everyone over going to war.. Obama was unfair n his comments and might have mislead people.. Don't think so..
    I see the FTSE is back where it was on Thursday night.. Armageddon must be next week im guessing..
    For those with zero sense of humour atm... That was a joke.. Can we still do jokes now we have voted leave?
    Next time we should just pick two people and do Rock, Paper, Scissors.. Best of 3 unless you are losing and then it will be best of 5..

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    I wonder if these threads would have been the same if remain had won. Would they be saying. Poo this is too close to be right, what about the people who never voted.. We only won with 36% of the vote.. Cameron lied to everyone over going to war.. Obama was unfair n his comments and might have mislead people.. Don't think so..
    I see the FTSE is back where it was on Thursday night.. Armageddon must be next week im guessing..
    For those with zero sense of humour atm... That was a joke.. Can we still do jokes now we have voted leave?
    Next time we should just pick two people and do Rock, Paper, Scissors.. Best of 3 unless you are losing and then it will be best of 5..

Not sure what Obama did wrong Angry...probably the nearest we've got to a 'leader' of the 'West/Free World'/whatever and he gave his opinion just as European leaders have given theirs about the - godawful imo - prospect of Trump.
    Also, tbf, Farage anticipated a narrow defeat before the vote and is on record as saying if the nation voted 'Remain' by a margin of something like 52/48 then he'd be campaigning for another vote.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)