+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: If there is a second EU referendum

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Prime Minister Gove? Now look what you've gone and done. Gove standing ffs...put the nation on suicide watch! Be like having Mr. Bean in charge.
    But long term president Juncker?( HIC) Is that a better alternative with his Politburo?
    At least Gove can be booted out. This lot can't.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgJHHEJ-Jrs

Allowing for how angry some people got after the result of the referendum, I've not posted this before (and before I get roundly attacked by the remain camp, I'm NOT trying to stir things!) , but it's certainly food for thought on the possible future direction of the UK & the EU:

Name:  IMG_20160626_081758.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  107.4 KB

I'm keeping my head down....

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    As has been said, it's always been about integration! Though it was hardly mentioned during the referendum the EU is only about integration why call it the European UNION!! The Common Market is about what it says MARKET - no mention of political union or any other type of union. We call the UK the Union of states, union being total. The Scots want to be independent of the 'union' but remain part of another 'union' which has designs on being similar to the existing 'union' they are already in. Don't anyone be fooled our UK is the type of 'union' envisaged by Germany and France and the bloated beaurocrats that inevitably congregate where nests can be feathered. It's like the beehive community - the Queen dishes out her instructions and the rest of the hive obey (even with their lives). Now the single market is excellent but it must be weighed against the other aims of the 'union'. I, personally opted for remain having considered this but fully understand why 'what you get with the single market' led to some voting out. Strangely, I know of some who voted likewise to me but are almost relieved that we voted out because of the way the EU (not the Single Market) is going!!
    I totally endorse the sentiment above and did exactly the same thing myself in the end. Common Market yes, Federal State of Europe no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaspode View Post
    Allowing for how angry some people got after the result of the referendum, I've not posted this before (and before I get roundly attacked by the remain camp, I'm NOT trying to stir things!) , but it's certainly food for thought on the possible future direction of the UK & the EU:
    I think the disease of political correctness is a global thing, a disease which I now believe is being fought against by a new intolerance (not saying that's OK but there HAD to be a fightback). My opinion on PCness in UK at least is that its developed because its been sen as an easy cop-out tool by people who didn't/don't possess the skills or intellect to understand and argue through nuanced points of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I think the disease of political correctness is a global thing, a disease which I now believe is being fought against by a new intolerance (not saying that's OK but there HAD to be a fightback). My opinion on PCness in UK at least is that its developed because its been sen as an easy cop-out tool by people who didn't/don't possess the skills or intellect to understand and argue through nuanced points of view.
    Totally agree...where's the 'like' button. PC is for numpties who can't differentiate between right and wrong and 'leaders' who are incapable of reasoning things through but need a 'hook' to hang their issues and complaints on. Whatever happened to common sense?

I voted for Thatcher, happy when the results came in but realised at a later date that I'd made a massive mistake, I wasn't crying or spitting my dummy out or stamping my feet or asking for another general election, I just did my homework a little more when I had chances again. One thing I did learn is the info put out by the TV and general media are lies and propaganda to get you to vote the way they want. When voting time came around again I've just read on their policies and voted the one I think is best. Whatever the outcome is, all you can do is roll with it! Now looking forward to see how we cope on our own. We managed before!

There's rather more of a consequence to making a 'massive mistake' in a Referendum than a General Election though MoP. You could have 'another go' within five years of voting for Thatcher. Be a very long time till we can put this one right and the consequences are far more far reaching...if we go through with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    One thing I did learn is the info put out by the TV and general media are lies and propaganda to get you to vote the way they want.
    Disagree with that if you are including radio 4, I thought their Brexit coverage was consistently excellent from minute one a few months ago, and very balanced - not blandly neutral, balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Disagree with that if you are including radio 4, I thought their Brexit coverage was consistently excellent from minute one a few months ago, and very balanced - not blandly neutral, balanced.
    In that case I hope it helped in the way you voted!

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)