+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 103 of 922 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203603 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Guess we had better move this thread onwards to 2000 then.....

I suspect that more than 50% of the total contributions on this thread may be deemed unintelligent by one poster or another, but at least "wibble" is neutral - universally loathed or universally loved. Neither pro remain nor pro leave.
    You say that. but surely if something or someone is universally loved then that means everyone and therefore it cannot be universally loathed at the same time? The correct terminology is surely equally?

Quote Originally Posted by ramspride View Post
    Great summing up mactheman now back to football PLEASE

I kind of thought this thread would fizzle out once the season started, but so dull has the football been, no transfer news to speak of that I think the only thread that keeps the sarcasm and wit razor sharp and Angry having an eppy is this topic!

You're right Swale...only needs Keogh to publicly comment in favour of 'Remain' or Pearson to suggest that he might be 'resting' a few against Carlisle tomorrow night and the Angry one will be in therapy.

Rest a few?! I'd rest the bloody lot tomorrow and play the U21's!

back on topic messrs Farage and Johnson have been notable by theer absence lately considering they managed to get 37% of the population to believe their disingenuous claptrap!

The one thing this topic has taught me is that some Forest supporters have brains and some Derby supporters don't. Oh damn now what have I started��

Agreed, Friday night much more important. Be interesting to see what sort of sides Burton and Liverpool put out tomorrow.

Actually I think Johnson was technically in charge of the country last week...horrible thought...but, whatever crisis is knocking at the door, nothing must get in the way of their two and a half month summer recess followed by the party conference jollies. Don't think Parliament really starts again till the second week of October...amazed we've all survived.

Quote Originally Posted by ramspride View Post
    The one thing this topic has taught me is that some Forest supporters have brains and some Derby supporters don't. Oh damn now what have I started��
    Not sure about that RP...I've never thought of you as being all that thick.

So who's it to be - Boris or Bradley...who would you prefer in the respective starting line up Mangara? The Johnson of your choice - just like an election in Rock Ridge.

Well RR...Boris has his uses but they pretty much stopped with 'Have I Got News for You'. He seems a lousy human being and as terrifying as a Foreign Secretary as he must have been to that little ten year old Japanese kid when the pompous, overweight bully went thundering down the (presumably right wing) in that impromptu rugby game.
    Bradley's usefulness unfortunately seemed to cease not long after his journey to 'Derby City' from the fens. He could prove almost as costly to Derby as Boris' buffoonery is likely to be for the country but of the two I've got a lot more faith in Bradley ever doing anything useful...whether it's actually for us remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Well RR...Boris has his uses but they pretty much stopped with 'Have I Got News for You'. He seems a lousy human being and as terrifying as a Foreign Secretary as he must have been to that little ten year old Japanese kid when the pompous, overweight bully went thundering down the (presumably right wing) in that impromptu rugby game.
    Bradley's usefulness unfortunately seemed to cease not long after his journey to 'Derby City' from the fens. He could prove almost as costly to Derby as Boris' buffoonery is likely to be for the country but of the two I've got a lot more faith in Bradley ever doing anything useful...whether it's actually for us remains to be seen.
    I'm disagreeing with this one (not just to keep the topic going!).

Bradley J was only ever a 'pretty good' player (lets say average 8/10) who, for reasons we don't know and I bet he wishes he did, slumped to around 4/10 with the occasional 0/10 (Hull at home...). I can only think of one player who dipped so much and then rose from the ashes, and that was Bruce Rioch many many years ago. BUT, with Bradley, his best/worst is played out in public, we can all see the impact he's making.

Boris J meanwhile, has the public persona of a bad clown (nerfing that Jap kid to the turf being a low point, trying to ham it up with US secretary of state John Kerry was another), but we DON'T see him actually going about the important part of his business - that's all done in 'smokey rooms' or whatever the modern day equivalents are, and with people who, quite honestly, are on a different level to 'us' (not better, just different). I can't believe that someone as thoughtful as theresa May would have just chucked him into that job out of spite - if she'd been in that sort of mood she'd have made him UK ambassador in Japan - so I think we need to wait and see on the Boris one, but he could be making a much bigger impact than is evident. Could.

Page 103 of 922 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203603 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)