+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 922 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111511 ... LastLast

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Problem with this is that b) doesn't exist any more

I have more faith that we can continue along a) and there will be pub further down the road, in fact it won't be a pub it'll be a big ****-off spa resort with complimentary hot wax massages and them little white slippers. The reason I think this, continuing your parable, is that there was another bunch of people who were shadowing your bunch, and they'd considered ALL the possible routes 'just in case' before they set out. If you want a real-world name for one of those fellahs try Mark Carney.

Nowt wrong with C... Your point is?

When does the season start.. Glad we're are not in Europe this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Problem with this is that b) doesn't exist any more

I have more faith that we can continue along a) and there will be pub further down the road, in fact it won't be a pub it'll be a big ****-off spa resort with complimentary hot wax massages and them little white slippers. The reason I think this, continuing your parable, is that there was another bunch of people who were shadowing your bunch, and they'd considered ALL the possible routes 'just in case' before they set out. If you want a real-world name for one of those fellahs try Mark Carney.
    I think it might Andy, but if it doesn't I'd love you to be right and admire your optimism although I fear it might be 'blind faith'. (Now they were a fine band).

Angry...you only like scenario c because there's a fight.

Path B leads to a wooden bridge, which in the 1st place was a good idea, but is now worn down and riddled with woodworm. Path A leads to unknown territory, but the opportunity to carve a new and better route, without being confined to what has been walked for the last 30 years.

A significant section Dave's supporters, rather than accept the groups decision, resort to hurling patronising abuse to the new group before they even begin down path A, and complain about every stinger nettle they have to avoid on the new path.

Strangely enough I went for in but this discussion has made me think about it more than the pre-referendum crap did (from both sides!) and I have to say that I would now seriously consider voting out!! It is all about the long term - in the short term the economic problems will test us and I agree that the young will probably suffer significantly but in the long term I believe NOW that we will all be better off. Asking young people to think long term though is impossible as they are designed as a species for the here and now. That is how nature works and so it is inevitable that they are the strongest voices against the result. Hopefully, if we do exit, they will benefit in the longer term and will be able to say the right decision was taken!! I will vote leave next time!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Strangely enough I went for in but this discussion has made me think about it more than the pre-referendum crap did (from both sides!) and I have to say that I would now seriously consider voting out!! It is all about the long term - in the short term the economic problems will test us and I agree that the young will probably suffer significantly but in the long term I believe NOW that we will all be better off. Asking young people to think long term though is impossible as they are designed as a species for the here and now. That is how nature works and so it is inevitable that they are the strongest voices against the result. Hopefully, if we do exit, they will benefit in the longer term and will be able to say the right decision was taken!! I will vote leave next time!!
    Obviously don't agree with your conclusion mac but I do agree that there have been two or three EU threads on here that have provoked more sensible discussion than the 'pre-referendum crap' did.

Adi...you can mend or rebuild the bridge, make it stronger...even include a gate perhaps. With the 'unknown territory' (your description) you run the risk of becoming seriously lost and wasting a great deal of time before eventually you hopefully return to journeying in the right direction.

agreed, and lots of other supposedly more intellectual forums

Rather than have demonstrations and marches maybe the Remains should do what Nigel Farage did and start a new political party. Instead of UKIP (obviously) it could be called the United Kingdom Against Independence Party. I am sure it would have plenty of support, will start winning a few Bye-Elections and maybe achieve its' aims? That's the way I would go if I was a committed Remain. It would be Democracy speaking!!

your opinion 17 million decline to agree awks

Page 11 of 922 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111511 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)