+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 114 of 922 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214614 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

[QUOTE=ramAnag;38257924]
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post

I get all that Andy and, without taking sides, I've consistently maintained that it's always been the case that most of the electorate were insufficiently well informed and misled (by both sides) to make a meaningful decision.
    Nothing about that has changed, but what is truly alarming is that we now have those who are supposedly informed and are, in some cases, responsible for overseeing the Brexit process suggesting that they don't yet know what is involved and what the consequences will be. Can't remember anything quite as absurd or potentially dangerous.
    On a personal level I can relate to it, because I made a similar leap into the dark 27 years ago. My equivalent of Brexit is my enduring relationship with Mrs F. Sometimes you just gotta take a chance!

Suspect it wasn't either an 'arranged marriage' or a complete 'leap into the unknown' though Andy. You must surely have quite liked what you saw, had more than an inkling of what you were getting and the feelings were presumably reciprocated before you uttered 'I do' and signed on the bottom line. Not entirely comparable then.

[QUOTE=Andy_Faber;38257951]
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

On a personal level I can relate to it, because I made a similar leap into the dark 27 years ago. My equivalent of Brexit is my enduring relationship with Mrs F. Sometimes you just gotta take a chance!
    OK lets examine your simile a little closer Andy:

The EU costs us millions a day, your missus is quite possibly a tad cheaper, although maybe not in relative terms;

When we joined the EU it was a "shopping partnership" which has evolved into something far more unified; when you got married it probably started as something far more unified but is now probably about shopping more than anything;

When we joined the EU there were a limited numbers of partners which have escalated beyond predictable levels - your marriage possibly has not allowed this (or at least so far as she knows);

When you first got married you had no wish to pull out, hence children ensued. Now with maturity and ED, pulling out is no longer and option as entry is generally neither permitted not practical?

[QUOTE=roger_ramjet;38258073]
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post

When you first got married you had no wish to pull out, hence children ensued. Now with maturity and ED, pulling out is no longer and option as entry is generally neither permitted not practical?
    One of the reasons I voted remain is that voting leave meant entry would have been barred for ever

Blimey Roger...that last paragraph seems very telling. Can see why you want to change your pseudonym to 'More than 50 years'. Given your observations 'Ramjet' no longer seems so fitting.

Roger Limpjet?

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Roger Limpjet?
    Not even sure you can hang onto 'Roger' and 'jet' anymore...all so 'rigid', but you are still a 'Ram'...of sorts. Might have to be a case of Reggie Ramdribble.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Not even sure you can hang onto 'Roger' and 'jet' anymore...all so 'rigid', but you are still a 'Ram'...of sorts. Might have to be a case of Reggie Ramdribble.
    I think swale has copyrighted any name with dribble in it.....

I suspect drivel not dribble for Swales

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    I suspect drivel not dribble for Swales
    Sure it's neither for you RR and your actually just a self deprecating sixty something super stud.

Page 114 of 922 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)