+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 118 of 923 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218618 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 9222

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    On the subject of spelling, what is an xeaiphobe?
    Fear of Spanish midfielders.

yes i am too worried how long before donald nukes everything

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Ah good the **** will soon hit the fan then!

Amazingly, the economy is continuing as if we were still at present a member of the European Union and able to trade tariff-free across the 27 member states. This is because until Theresa May invokes Article 50, we are still at present a member of the European Union and able to trade tariff-free across the 27 member states”.

A fact those claiming Brexit hasn't hurt our economy should take note of?
    Oh come on Swale- Osborne predicted immediately after Brexit, that-
    The economy would plummet
    House prices would plummet
    3 million extra would be un employed
    We would lose £36 billion in tax
    UK would fall into recession immediately
    the NHS would collapse
    Tax rises would have to implemented immediately

He lied, lets be honest here. You of all people have banged a drum about the Leave campaign giving the money to the NHS.
    The biggest porky tellers, were the remainers.

Now May is saying the farming subsidies, should be spent on the NHS.

DON'T BE SO NEGATIVE, YOU SOUND LIKE STURGEON

yes im a leaver ad i agree that there were massive lies on both sides but what helped leavers were osborne out of job cameron into obscurity hague waste of space gordon brown ? john major they all jumped on bandwagon and where are they now not to be seen same as all protesters who jumped on bandwagon in london marches they have slipped away too many i agree lets protest or start a facebook page up types . best thing we ever did leave . the country needs a new direction we got it

Say what you like about Trump he's as honest as they come, a man who knows what he's doing... whereas clinton....

As for brexit smexit, we're never leaving, we're staying forever.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Say what you like about Trump he's as honest as they come, a man who knows what he's doing... whereas clinton....

As for brexit smexit, we're never leaving, we're staying forever.
    Thanks...I will and have said what I like, and feel, about Trump. One thing I will never say though is that he is 'as honest as they come'.
    He's a tax evader who has been made bankrupt six times and has proven Mafia connections. Hillary is no angel and I wish, a bit like the Brexit situation, that there was a better choice, but out of Clinton and Trump I hope and pray that it's Hillary who gets elected next month. IMO only a fool would think otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Osborne predicted immediately after Brexit, that-
    The economy would plummet
    House prices would plummet
    3 million extra would be un employed
    We would lose £36 billion in tax
    UK would fall into recession immediately
    the NHS would collapse
    Tax rises would have to implemented immediately

He lied, lets be honest here.
    Given the hatred directed at Johnson Gove and Frrage for the £350m lie, I think Osbourne and by association Cameron have got away a bit lightly in public opinion for all their scaremongering. Osbourne either genuinely believed all this stuff, in which case he was proved to be a ****e forecaster, or he just made it up to try to scare us, the failure of which makes him the most unscary monster ever. To use a football phrase, I'm afraid he 'lost the dressing room', or at least that dingy corner over there with 17m unwashed in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Given the hatred directed at Johnson Gove and Frrage for the £350m lie, I think Osbourne and by association Cameron have got away a bit lightly in public opinion for all their scaremongering. Osbourne either genuinely believed all this stuff, in which case he was proved to be a ****e forecaster, or he just made it up to try to scare us, the failure of which makes him the most unscary monster ever. To use a football phrase, I'm afraid he 'lost the dressing room', or at least that dingy corner over there with 17m unwashed in it.
    The scaremongering was ridiculous - worse was their abject failure to plan for what would happen if we voted to leave. As custodians, they had a responsibility to make sure the country was prepared for any outcome - not just the one that they wanted. If they'd done their jobs properly, the government would have spent months getting us ready for a possible leave vote and we wouldn't have spent the last 3 months in a vacuum while people scrambled around trying to work out what we needed to do....

Quote Originally Posted by Gaspode View Post
    The scaremongering was ridiculous - worse was their abject failure to plan for what would happen if we voted to leave. As custodians, they had a responsibility to make sure the country was prepared for any outcome - not just the one that they wanted. If they'd done their jobs properly, the government would have spent months getting us ready for a possible leave vote and we wouldn't have spent the last 3 months in a vacuum while people scrambled around trying to work out what we needed to do....
    Absolutely. 90% of effort should have been put into preparing for BOTH eventualities so UK could hit the ground running, the remaining 10% into lobbying in or out, and IMO there should have been a 'ministry of truth' (sounds a bit 1984) that was allowed to call out any lie or unsubstantiated 'fact' (ie the £350m per week, the £4,200 per family per year etc) and there should have been a massive unbiased public information effort to enlighten people on what genuinely could happen (a range of possibilities). I actually think this would have resulted in 'remain' although I'm not bitter about it and am committed to our future direction (unlike the rest of my family who have resorted to hurling abuse at the TV whenever Brexit is mentioned!)

The trouble is with a ministry of fact, is that there could be no facts. Even now, nobody knows what the future holds for us or for the eu. It's all down to future negotiations and decisions. Possibly, it could turn out fantastic for us and we get a great deal with the single market and great deals globally, which result in us being able to spend an extra £350m on the nhs. Unlikely i know, but not yet proven to be a lie. The only proven lies are those that haven't materialised that were promised straight after the referendum.

Page 118 of 923 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218618 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)