+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 125 of 922 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225625 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    So trivia Question:

What has this quote got to Derby County?

A: Rush
    case o beer for that Mr Ramjet, both for 70's Canadian prog awareness and link to DCFC

Mm someone hasn't noticed we have a ****ing big trade deficit and that we hardly manufacture anything these days! Talk to people who know and you will find that everything the "average person" buys will be hit - as in cars, electronics, food. Yes the weaker pound will rebalance the economy, which overall will be a good thing. however I'm not so sure that the people at the sharp end - those so in favour of Brexit will be amused when their standard of living drops and they lose their jobs or can't afford their mortgage as interest rates rise!

As always the elite which so many say the brexit vote was supposedly a slap in the face, will not suffer the consequences!

Those who think the EU will be swayed by economic reality on trade are in for a shock, our friends in the EU do not think like that and will pay a small economic price to protect the EU as will be seen. Meanwhile Nissan are already considering whether or not they will invest in the Sunderland plant, Toyota will do the same eventually at Burnaston, if they don't have a traiff free acces to the EU, then they will relocate to the EU, the list goes on but hey ho it will be worth it to be a "sovereign" country again!!

Not saying I agree with this Swale...but can you see a scenario where those who support Brexit for only one reason - immigration - are appeased by the EU accepting some sort of deal/rethink for the UK (or perhaps the whole of Europe) in that area in return for us not quitting? I feel something is going on and a 'climb down' of some description is coming. May knows that a 'hard' Brexit will be catastrophic economically and that many of what was only 37% in the first place seem to be getting 'cold feet'.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Not saying I agree with this Swale...but can you see a scenario where those who support Brexit for only one reason - immigration - are appeased by the EU accepting some sort of deal/rethink for the UK (or perhaps the whole of Europe) in that area in return for us not quitting? I feel something is going on and a 'climb down' of some description is coming. May knows that a 'hard' Brexit will be catastrophic economically and that many of what was only 37% in the first place seem to be getting 'cold feet'.
    No I can't, the mood in the Eu is that if the Uk wants out then its out full stop, plus polictically it would be fatal for the Eu principles to allow a country to exit yet retain the benefits of membership to that extent and other countries would balk at that. The difficulty is going to be that any deal has to be ratified by the 27 countries and thats not going to happen unless its a hard Brexit!

As Boris said, the benefits of access to the single market are worth a the relatively small price paid!! But then he changed his mind when he thought being a Leave supporter would benefit his personal ambition.

I can see the mood of the UK changing dramatically when the full economic effects of Brexit are being felt in higher prices on those so passionately in favour of Brexit - but hey the stock markets high so everything is rosy obvs!! The fact that hardly anyone who voted for leave will benfit from this, is it seems a pint missed by those crowing about it!

Still personally I'm making hay as firms make their plans for Brexit, which seems to involve establishing subsidiaries or their headquarters in the EU, with a consequence loss of jobs, tax revenue and income to the UK - the true cost will take 5 - 10 years to be realised, by which time it will be too late to reverse.

Agree largely with your take on things, but there must surely be a tipping point where even this most shambolic 'Remain' campaign manages to get the message through to the most 'head in the sand' Brexiteers that they have voted for long term economic catastrophe. At that point maybe a 'compromise' will be found, that May in particular finds acceptable, where EU restrictions on immigration control are softened and we remain in the EU. Maybe a certain amount of 'wishful thinking' on my part but sadly whatever happens it will, as ever, be the poor that suffer most.

I don't see that we will not leave the Eu, but the question remains on what terms? May seems hell bent on pushing through a "hard" Brexit, with no regard to the views of parliament on the deal. Thats ironic, given that regaining control of our sovereign democratically elected parliament was something the Leave campaigners were trumpeting!

There may be a mandate to leave the EU, but there sure as hell has been no vote on what terms and thats going to be the interesting thing over the next few months.

think we would have not been in this state if the people who haves etc were not seen to be lining their own pockets while the have nots struggle to make ends meet i would have voted to stay if the eu had been transparent and not interfered with everything i like the idea of trade friendship with other euro nations i do not want to see romanian bulgarian beggers sending home our benefits while robbing us bare. i also do not want to see thousands of false immigration walking our streets with many potential terrorists creeping in though that may already have happened the problem is we are a weak nation who cannot sort out its own internal problems beacuse of one thing greed by the powerful rich elite ie phillip green .

People are getting too tied up in the immediate politics rather than looking at the bigger picture. The war of words will no doubt continue, but other than some short term stock gains what is it really going to change? Is supply and demand going to catastrophically turn upside down? In real terms, is there any real benefit to the EU putting up a wall? We buy Irish beef because it's good quality and cost effective, if we get stopped by EU politics then it doesn't help either party, Irish go broke because their sales drop, and we have to source our beef somewhere else.

It will work out, stop panicking, there have been no surprises and if anything we've shown strength through an uncertain period of change.

Who's panicking? Simply observing. There has been much more bad economic news than good in the four months since the Brexit vote.
    Personally I'm sick and tired of hearing 'no one knows what Brexit actually means'. If that's the case, and I think it is, then how the hell did we have an informed debate/referendum about it?
    IMO there was a knee-jerk reaction to perceived problems with immigration. Such problems may exist and need addressing, in a responsible and non jingoistic way, but that is something quite different from the bigger economic picture.
    Facts remain, only 37% voted for Brexit and the outcome of the vote was never anything more than 'advisory'. Given those circumstances, what has happened with the economy since and the vast majority of economic indicators, is it really sensible to keep repeating 'Brexit means Brexit'...especially when fewer and fewer people seem to actually know what it does really mean?

4 months - bloody hell and we say football is fickle! Brexit means leaving the European Union, it doesn't mean building a fence in front of the Channel, ceasing all trade and conversations with the EU and resurrecting the mining industry.

Page 125 of 922 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225625 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)