+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 134 of 922 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234634 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Yep, I get that mista...I'm also in the same position - probably the same constituency - as Swale, but that doesn't actually make things undemocratic does it? My comment about compulsory voting was aimed more at the two choice referendum situation. Don't want to go over old ground but if we're going to use such a system - and I don't think we should - to discover the 'will of the people' then surely we have to build an actual majority of something in excess of 50% of the electorate and the best way to do that is to have compulsory voting.

P.S. Always been a very fine line between Fascism and Anarchy don't you think Rog?
    I can't work out whether Cameron dropped a ******* within a ******* in not making the vote binding, or whether it was a clever 'get out' option. I did more research than most leading up the vote and I don't recall the subject ever cropping up.

Incidentally, I think 'fascist/anarchist' is quite a distinctive moniker to have, very Wolfie Smith
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 14-11-2016 at 01:45 PM. Reason: more clever-dicky insight added

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

P.S. Always been a very fine line between Fascism and Anarchy don't you think Rog?
    In a way yes, in that the eventual collapse of the former often leads to the creation of the other, as a formerly compulsorily ordered, "following" populace suddenly doesnt know how or what to do without being told to do it. rather like the long term prisoner not knowing how to handle life on the outside. But the coexisitence of the two within one body is hard to conceive, given that one is governance by dictatorial means and the other is no government.

Roger you may have something there " no government " Belgium did for two years not long ago with civil servants running the country Spain are doing it at moment because they can't form a government. Could catch on here hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Roger you may have something there " no government " Belgium did for two years not long ago with civil servants running the country Spain are doing it at moment because they can't form a government. Could catch on here hopefully
    So you would rather be governed by Sir Humphrey rather than Jim Hacker??

There is however a germ of an idea here, in that civil servants MAY be less inclined to burying their snouts in the trough than the transient elected representatives that oversee them. Problem is, how do you monitor the civil servants if they effectively appoint each other with no independent supervision.

Mind you, manGara and Swale would love it as they clearly want to be run by Belgian-based civil servants anyway! As for me I will settle for their beer and chocolates but not their stewardship.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Incidentally, I think 'fascist/anarchist' is quite a distinctive moniker to have, very Wolfie Smith
    Somehow I cant see DCFCA as a member of the Tooting Popular Front

When I said take care of our own lives we rid ourselves of government entirely, no more voting bs, no more fake democracy, have a frigging dictator instead, we deal with our own education ie pay for it ourselves if we wish, dentist doctors etc we pay on the door, no more bs "NI", no more tax either because of it.

A dictator is the best way to go, if you want to challenge the dictator you challenge him, probably get killed in doing so but you might win you never know.

When I want a bottle of whiskey from the shop I go and buy it?!?!... same goes for everything else surely??

Dcfc. I think you bought that whiskey and drank it before you posted By the way one way ticket to Moscow from Heathrow now only £145 Just a warning though you will not be posting things over there that you can here

I don't actually want to be run by 'Belgian based civil servants' as I think you know Rog. I want less bureaucracy but not at the cost of a fractured and disunited Europe which is what appears to be happening and seems to me to be far too high a price to pay for retaining the 'sovereignty' of Parliament which those who voted for Brexit curiously decided they didn't want after all when the High Court decision was announced last week.
    For once I understand (almost) DCFCA's point about the effectiveness of dictatorship. Little doubt that Enlightened Despotism is the most efficient and effective form of government...the problem of course is that power invariably corrupts, so how can you guarantee the 'Enlightened' bit?

Roger ( snouts in the trough ) Just reading what the government have done for Boris to hold is Brexit talks with European ministers They have hired The Cheving Estate as lavish grace and favour country estate in Kent with 115 rooms set in 3,500 acres Wonder what the bedroom tax on that would be

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Roger ( snouts in the trough ) Just reading what the government have done for Boris to hold is Brexit talks with European ministers They have hired The Cheving Estate as lavish grace and favour country estate in Kent with 115 rooms set in 3,500 acres Wonder what the bedroom tax on that would be
    Bit rude to Roger calling him 'snouts in the trough' mista, he's alright really

Think you mean Chevening House...apparently it's a perk of the job of Foreign Secretary being able to host friends and foreign dignitaries there. There's a problem this time though. It's also meant to be used by Liam Fox and David Davis...a sort of Brexiteers booking.com...but sharing doesn't seem to be their strongpoint and the trustees won't provide access until the poor loves can agree.

Page 134 of 922 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234634 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)