+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 164 of 922 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264664 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by southernram22 View Post
    i choose to leave as its a democratic society swale and unlike you i listen to others opinions and im afraid its you and your views that are pushing people away. i was brought up to support derby the club i love my parents and family taught me to listen something you could take heed of . and respond with my views now when you do not like others views or opinions you laugh and belittle them and try and make them look to be in the wrong i suggest two things you try and get over brexit or bugger off and live in brussels as i have listened to your views and words . we will only ever see eye to eye on one thing derby county as for politics never. what you fail to grasp is twofold why we voted to leave corruption the rich taking the p bankers etc and mostly because at the end of day we wanted to run our country not be part of a euro super state thats evolving . if you read ted heaths agreement it will open your eyes swale. i have no gripe with you just see things you write as offensive see you at wembley play of final i will buy you a drink .
    My views are pushing you away? You mean you don't like FACTS! You would rather listen to bull**** peddled by equally corrupt people with their own agenda?

You are also wrong re brexit, it isn't a case of being over it, I couldn't really give a stuff, Brexit won't be an issue for me personally, in fact I'm doing ratther well from it, unfortunately the facts are that it is an economic own goal for the Uk and the very people who will suffer is the millions of "ordinary" people who voted for it.
    What does get me is when people mostly brexiteers talk of "the will of the people" thats *******s yes a majority voted for brexit, but it wasn't a massive majority and was only 37% of the electorate, thats not the "will of the british people" and what is also clear is that nobody, not government nor the people who voted have a bloody clue as to what brexit will mean or what the "plan" for Brexit is now most reasonable people would question that - as a country we are taking a signifciant step that will impact on the future of this country and we don't have a ****ing plan??

As for Tricky, he talks utter *******s, but worse than that he says stuff that is plain offensive, taken straight from the pages of such crap papers as the daily Express FFS! He talks as economic and political turmoil in europe is a good thing, for who, certainly not for us, however much one might despise the current political system it has kept europe stable for over 50 years...oh sorry Tricky thinks thats down to NATO! Sorry when someone clearly hasn't a clue what he is talking about like Tricky and is xenophobic, racist and spouting what sounds like nazi propoganda, I don't give them the time of day.

Yes there is a lot wrong with the Eu, but it isn't the source of all our ills, it wasn't the Eu which precipitated the 2008 economic crash, it wasn't the Eu that caused the rebellions in Syria and other Arab countries, these are big issues which need to be dealt with and sorry but I believe that countries working together is better than an isolationist approach.

Swale takes a lot of stick on here...gives some out too, but whatever your position on the EU and immigration I defy anyone to sensibly suggest that the contents of that final paragraph represent anything other than complete common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Swale takes a lot of stick on here...gives some out too, but whatever your position on the EU and immigration I defy anyone to sensibly suggest that the contents of that final paragraph represent anything other than complete common sense.
    Shame about the first 2 paragraphs though.

I might contest the "caused the 2008 crash" denial. Not wholly at fault no, but contributory for sure. The failure of regulation in uk banks was fairly central to the crash allowing the aggregation of toxic debt and fundamental mismanagement to go unchecked. The power to regulate the financial sector lies centrally in brussels and the regulation of uk and cross border eu banks was woeful. Yes its a bank of england responsibility but they cannot move without central eu say so.

Look at the insurance industry solvency 2 regulations - first espoused in the late 1990s I think: finally in force 2016 as the eu considered this that and everything, consulted widely contemplated their navels etc. Fortunately Rome didnt burn as they ceaselessly fiddled but it could easily have done. Reactive not proactive, slow cumbersome and ineffective....

You missed the fact that it all kicked off in the States which last time I looked wasn't under EU regulation, also yes the Uk had inadequate regulation but they could have done more without the Eu's say so, it just suited people who thought the bubble would never burst not to do so!

Its not just the Eu that tend to be slow cumbersome reactive, the Us and Uk governments weren't exactly quick off the mark, with the credit rating agencies not doing their job, because they didn't want to upset the banks a perfect storm was created and again it wasn't down to the EU

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Shame about the first 2 paragraphs though.
    What you mean those unfortunate facts that nobody on the Brexit side has a ****ing clue what happens post Brexit? or the clear economic consequences IF we don't get the right deal?? Or the unbelievable foolishness of those who seem to think that despite not having a clue how it will all turn out, somehow by a miracle we will all be OK? Aye un ****ing believable, no problem with others opinions but do look at reality FFS!

"Facts" and "Reality".

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    What you mean those unfortunate facts that nobody on the Brexit side has a ****ing clue what happens post Brexit? or the clear economic consequences IF we don't get the right deal?? Or the unbelievable foolishness of those who seem to think that despite not having a clue how it will all turn out, somehow by a miracle we will all be OK? Aye un ****ing believable, no problem with others opinions but do look at reality FFS!
    I'm a fellow remainer and I'm sure there are bumps in the road ahead but I think you are getting a bit overcome by 'I lost and its not fair!' syndrome. As for your last comment, no-one including you can look at reality because all this is in the future....

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Ok here's a go

Yes there is a lot wrong with the Eu - agreed, and accepted even by remainers

But it isn't the source of all our ills - again agreed, and accepted even by Leavers

It wasn't the Eu which precipitated the 2008 economic crash - If EU had been an effective 'club' it would have been able to resist the wave of disaster that came from USA but the EUs piss poor legislation, as good as its most laissez-faire partner country, was in no way resilient enough. A UK-only set of rules may or may not have been stronger but that option wasn't on offer

It wasn't the Eu that caused the rebellions in Syria and other Arab countries - true but the EUs, again, piss-poor response to the resultant 'refugee' issue, especially the act of constituent countries basically making their own rules up, was a demonstration of the fragility of the union, and impractically of things like the Schengen agreement in times of stress

Countries working together is better than an isolationist approach - agreed but not in the way Swale means, UK won't be isolated, the nature of relationships will be different, and maybe in some cases more difficult, but NOT isolationist, I'm not sure ANYONE in a position of influence has used that word.

Remember I voted Remain

So we're going to be isolated then, so Romania with its eu status is going to be more important than the UK and it's key membership of NATO, the United Nations and the G7.

Page 164 of 922 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264664 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)