+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 168 of 922 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268668 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    I suppose you calling me xenophobic without any justification was not unpleasant or personal.
    Blimey...you don't forget do you? I'm sorry if that hurt so much. At the time you seemed to be associating all foreigners/immigrants with negative traits. I thought, in the context of the, at the time, recent referendum result that you were displaying xenophobic tendencies. Since then, although we often differ, I have - for what it's worth - come to recognise you as one of the more reasonable and rational Brexiteers although the post immediately above is just daft.
    The same cannot be said of everyone. Tricky for instance regularly resorts to abuse and seems to delight in the prospect of Europe in ruinous flames. That, to me and others, is unacceptable. He regularly launches into aggressive attacks on Swale and on this occasion he was - disappointingly imo - joined by mista and woolwacker.
    It's not my business to defend Swale, he's more than capable of managing that himself, but although I accept there has been juvenile name calling on both sides the real nastiness, from Remainers being told to 'leave if you don't like it' to Asians and Eastern Europeans being taunted and attacked in the aftermath of the vote right through to the treatment of Gina Miller, murder of Jo Cox and threats of 'civil war' has come from the Right. Compared to all that any harsh words from Swale really do pale into insignificance.

Or could it be a tendency to become 'anglophobic', an irrational hatred of any thing British?
    Anglophobic'should refer to the English, before any you correct me.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Blimey...you don't forget do you? I'm sorry if that hurt so much. At the time you seemed to be associating all foreigners/immigrants with negative traits. I thought, in the context of the, at the time, recent referendum result that you were displaying xenophobic tendencies. Since then, although we often differ, I have - for what it's worth - come to recognise you as one of the more reasonable and rational Brexiteers although the post immediately above is just daft.
    The same cannot be said of everyone. Tricky for instance regularly resorts to abuse and seems to delight in the prospect of Europe in ruinous flames. That, to me and others, is unacceptable. He regularly launches into aggressive attacks on Swale and on this occasion he was - disappointingly imo - joined by mista and woolwacker.
    It's not my business to defend Swale, he's more than capable of managing that himself, but although I accept there has been juvenile name calling on both sides the real nastiness, from Remainers being told to 'leave if you don't like it' to Asians and Eastern Europeans being taunted and attacked in the aftermath of the vote right through to the treatment of Gina Miller, murder of Jo Cox and threats of 'civil war' has come from the Right. Compared to all that any harsh words from Swale really do pale into insignificance.
    I was picking you up on your post anag, you wasn't referring to other horrible incidents, you clearly stated that on this discussion between our posters, that it was only the brexiteers that were hurling the insults, when you and swale have given at least as good as you've received.

I was picking you up on your post anag, you wasn't referring to other horrible incidents, you clearly stated that on this discussion between our posters, that it was only the brexiteers that were hurling the insults, when you and swale have given at least as good as you've received.
    Swale has his own style Ram59...mine is a little more reserved. Without trawling through, which I've got no time to do, I think the only insults I've hurled were calling Tricky a 'prat' and you a 'xenophobe' on the basis of you originally associating migrants with rapists, criminals and something about *****philes from Europe being more free to pursue their aims here than in the U.S. because of their stricter border controls.
    I may have overreacted and misinterpreted what you said or, on the basis of how you put things, it may not have been entirely without some foundation. Since then I accept that you've made a lot more sense, with the exception of today's Anglophobe comment which unfortunately sums up the Brexiteer attitude...'all those in favour of Brexit are pro Britain/England and all those nasty 'Remainers' are some sort of treacherous liberal/lefties. That is total twaddle, it is precisely because I do care what happens to my country that I am in favour of a strong, united and unisolated Britain playing it's part in a strong and unified Europe.
    My observation about the 'nastiness' stemming from the Right was in direct relation to my comment about any unpleasantness on here mirroring the state of the nation as a whole where there can be little, if any, doubt that the vast majority of examples of unacceptable, intolerant and threatening behaviour have come from the more extreme end of those supporting the Brexit campaign.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 03-01-2017 at 04:31 PM.

there can be little, if any, doubt that the vast majority of examples of unacceptable, intolerant and threatening behaviour have come from the more extreme end of those supporting the Brexit campaign.
    You should read my FB feed, it's the complete opposite to your assumptions.

Swale has his own style Ram59...mine is a little more reserved. Without trawling through, which I've got no time to do, I think the only insults I've hurled were calling Tricky a 'prat' and you a 'xenophobe' on the basis of you originally associating migrants with rapists, criminals and something about *****philes from Europe being more free to pursue their aims here than in the U.S. because of their stricter border controls.
    I may have overreacted and misinterpreted what you said or, on the basis of how you put things, it may not have been entirely without some foundation. Since then I accept that you've made a lot more sense, with the exception of today's Anglophobe comment which unfortunately sums up the Brexiteer attitude...'all those in favour of Brexit are pro Britain/England and all those nasty 'Remainers' are some sort of treacherous liberal/lefties. That is total twaddle, it is precisely because I do care what happens to my country that I am in favour of a strong, united and unisolated Britain playing it's part in a strong and unified Europe.
    My observation about the 'nastiness' stemming from the Right was in direct relation to my comment about any unpleasantness on here mirroring the state of the nation as a whole where there can be little, if any, doubt that the vast majority of examples of unacceptable, intolerant and threatening behaviour have come from the more extreme end of those supporting the Brexit campaign.
    The anglophobic 'comment was a bit tongue in cheek.

Adi...what 'assumptions'?

Ram59...but only 'a bit'.

This assumption, "that the vast majority of examples of unacceptable, intolerant and threatening behaviour have come from the more extreme end of those supporting the Brexit campaign."

There are extremist arseholes on both sides of the vote, and personally I've seen far more unpleasantness from the remain side.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    This assumption, "that the vast majority of examples of unacceptable, intolerant and threatening behaviour have come from the more extreme end of those supporting the Brexit campaign."

There are extremist arseholes on both sides of the vote, and personally I've seen far more unpleasantness from the remain side.
    Really? I'm surprised. It wasn't really an assumption. There is evidence to suggest that our society has become more openly racist and less tolerant since the referendum result. I accept that both sides lied and your point about extremists but I genuinely haven't heard of any Asians or Poles attacking 'Brexiteers', of any Brexit supporting MP's being killed or campaigners made afraid to leave their homes and I certainly don't recall telling anyone to 'p*** off out of the country' for voting Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post

I've seen it in equal measure, but the difference on my fb feed continues to be that Remainers seem to think they have the moral high ground, and don't need to even put forward an argument - 'I'm right, you're wrong, you're thick, you're a racist' is the usual tirade. A few of these people I have admired in the past, including a fairly famous musician and a legendary journalist, and they just come over as bitter, disdainful people.

I don't think the adversarial way of working these things through has worked at all on this subject, and the population should have been force-fed independantly obtained factual information to base their decsions on, instead of the lies and mudslinging we got.

Page 168 of 922 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268668 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)