+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 171 of 922 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271671 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Who knows what the future will be if we remain in the eu. What we have now, is nothing like what was voted for in the seventies. How much further will the integration go?

It's been said on this forum that it was obvious that joining the eec would lead to what we have now. Not so, Tony Benn was against joining the eec, saying it would lead to the state of affairs that exist now. He was ridiculed by those wishing to join.

Similar arguments were thrown around about joining the Euro, isolation, not having a voice etc. Can you find anyone who now thinks we should have joined the Euro?

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Who knows what the future will be if we remain in the eu. What we have now, is nothing like what was voted for in the seventies. How much further will the integration go?

It's been said on this forum that it was obvious that joining the eec would lead to what we have now. Not so, Tony Benn was against joining the eec, saying it would lead to the state of affairs that exist now. He was ridiculed by those wishing to join.

Similar arguments were thrown around about joining the Euro, isolation, not having a voice etc. Can you find anyone who now thinks we should have joined the Euro?
    I tell you what, there is actually no hope for us. We sign someone on loan with a remotely non-British sounding name and I've seen it spelled (spelt?) FOUR different ways on this forum so far....

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Now the dust has settled and everyone has now excepted Brexit, Who would you like to be our next Prime Minister, I know most folk would want Nigel Farage but at the moment that's not possible.
    If that's a serious question, I'm fine with the one we have, and if we have an election my political leanings such as they are incline me to wanting a repeat of either the current parliament (small conservative majority with some rebels in the mix) or a conservative-dominant coalition with a strong coalition partner to keep them 'honest' (don't laugh). I'd also like (and I think this will happen) for labour to lose lots of seats, pref to the lib dems and UKIP in equal number, as I consider labour not just to be a shambles but a bigger danger to the country than Brexit. A large conservative majority would defo NOT be good form though.

There's my manifesto, now where's that bloody rosette?

Wow...congratulations on taking over six months to answer the question AF.
    It'll come as no surprise that we see things differently, but actually oddly have much in common. Obviously I'd prefer a slightly more left of centre government, although I do agree the current Labour leadership is not fit for purpose, and I would prefer there to be absolutely no UKIP representatives because, imo, they represent nothing more than the regressive voice of disharmony.
    I loath the Tory right and feel that Fox, Gove, Johnson and Duncan Smith were seen in their true objectionable colours in the aftermath of Brexit however I agree with you about the need for both constructive opposition and cooperation, preferably in the form of a coalition of sensible Labour, Lib Dems, Greens, and one nation Tories possibly, but only possibly, led by Keir Starmer.

Thats Sir to you Mr Gaana

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    It'll come as no surprise that we see things differently, but actually oddly have much in common. Obviously I'd prefer a slightly more left of centre government, although I do agree the current Labour leadership is not fit for purpose, and I would prefer there to be absolutely no UKIP representatives because, imo, they represent nothing more than the regressive voice of disharmony.
    I loath the Tory right and feel that Fox, Gove, Johnson and Duncan Smith were seen in their true objectionable colours in the aftermath of Brexit however I agree with you about the need for both constructive opposition and cooperation, preferably in the form of a coalition of sensible Labour, Lib Dems, Greens, and one nation Tories possibly, but only possibly, led by Keir Starmer.
    Wow Ramanag, Labour/Lib dems/Greens??? Coalition . That's a brilliant government of lying/spineless/pacifistic money spenders. Before you say it, I'm not an out and out Tory either. I just feel that none of those parties have ANYTHING to offer the public at the moment. Until the Labour party gets rid of Corbyn/Abbott/Thornberry etc. It has as much chance of election as I do of getting in Kylies pants. Being the supposed opposition, that's quite upsetting.
    If May balls up the Brexit, then watch UKIP become the opposition.
    Rocky road ahead and if the UK wasn't in a political storm before, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Wow Ramanag, Labour/Lib dems/Greens??? Coalition . That's a brilliant government of lying/spineless/pacifistic money spenders. Before you say it, I'm not an out and out Tory either. I just feel that none of those parties have ANYTHING to offer the public at the moment. Until the Labour party gets rid of Corbyn/Abbott/Thornberry etc. It has as much chance of election as I do of getting in Kylies pants. Being the supposed opposition, that's quite upsetting.
    If May balls up the Brexit, then watch UKIP become the opposition.
    Rocky road ahead and if the UK wasn't in a political storm before, it will be.
    Perhaps my key words were 'constructive', 'cooperation', 'sensible' and 'one nation'. Perhaps yours are 'regressive and 'disharmony'. You do so enjoy the language of 'storms' and 'flames' and where have I ever defended Corbyn or Abbott?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 05-01-2017 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I'm not sure I was saying a SLIGHTLY right of centre govt, I meant solidly (not extremely) right but with an effective brake/conscience. I don't believe that slightly left or right provides the friction that gets things done.

IMO the rise of UKIP is a fairly direct result of the disastrous immigration and other way-too-PC policies of 90s/00s labour so they have reaped what they sowed. Keir Starmer does look a likely lad for the future though, and I bet he hasn't got overgrown bloody roses in his front garden (an irrational gripe of mine against Corbyn!)

Edit: Sowed?

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Please dont try to defend the indefensible Mangara. In the good old days of a moderated board Swale would have been carded for those personal insults.

This thread has teetered along the edge of the unnacceptable but Swale has pushed it over the edge: not so much by his assault on Tricky who many might suggest deserves it but the attack on mistaram was unwarranted and not on.

If any mods do read this perhaps they coul act?
    You can **** off as well Rog, your so far up your arse you can't even see the reality for the ****e you spout! I realise on a football forum that a large percentage of the posters would be total ****s I didn't realise how stupid though! anyone who agrees with what that areshole Tricky posts is not anybody I wish to converse with over the intent or anywhere else, anyway your such clued up guys that I will sit back and laugh when it all turns to ****e!

ooh err Missus, compounding the personal attacks sin! At least its brown and warm up here, rather than in the cold and bleak future that you perceive!

Now whats that little triangle thing down here in the corner for? Hmmmmm
    Last edited by roger_ramjet; 06-01-2017 at 04:50 PM.

Page 171 of 922 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271671 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)